Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just ordered my first CZ!

jsel10

As the title suggests, I just ordered my first CZ from Rob at the custom shop. It is a 75 shadow T with the new barrel bushing and short reset trigger system. Has

anyone used the new trigger system? If so, what is the initial impression? All i can say is that the next few weeks are going to go by agonizingly slow! Oh well, Merry Christmas

to me!!

I had the opportunity to play with gonbzrk's Shadow earlier this week, and the short reset variant is quite impressive. Although it does not reduce the trigger pull weight, the reset is truly as short as a custom 1911.

I have a SP-01 with the SRTS and a Shadow T without. It makes a big difference for me. I shoot the SP-01 much better than the Shadow. I have a tendency to slap the trigger and pull all my shots down and to the left and the SRTS has pretty much eliminated that on the SP-01. I will be sending the Shadow to CZC after the first of the year to have the SRTS installed in it as well.

Congrats on your new CZ. You are going to be very happy with it.

Ok guys need some advice. I requested the competition trigger job on my pistol, so that means federal primers only. Im having alot more trouble finding them locally than i originally anticipated.

Ive previously only used cci because they are always available and have proven to be reliable. Im even having trouble finding them online. Ive been able to find the federal gold medal match primers

pretty consistantly online. Will these work or does it have to be the regular small pistol primers? I was also wondering about the reliabilaty of federal factory ammo with the competition trigger job. I usually pick up factory ammo if i find a good deal.

So im wondering if i should just go with the regular trigger job and be able to run whatever is available or stick with the competition trigger job.

I've used Federal, Winchester and CCI small pistol primers In my SP-01 Shadow with CZC competition hammer/trigger job and I have not had one single issue with any of them. I've also used Winchester White Box and Federal factory ammo from Walmart. Everything runs with zero problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally picked up my new shadow target on Friday. Got to put some rounds through it on saturday. I have to say, this thing shoots like a dream and has looks to match. I have a question though. I ordered it with the

new srts (which is awesome), barrel bushing, and their competition trigger job. With the test target i recieved it stated that the double action pull was at 8 pounds and the single was at 3. This seems to be more in line

with their "standard" trigger job. Im very impressed with the single action pull, but the double action pull still seems slightly rough and gritty. Being that this is a custom gun, i wouldnt think that it would need much break

in to smooth out. Does it seem like someone goofed and only gave me the standard trigger job?