Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use one of these?

Is it even required?

My AR has been dry fired thousands of times with no apparent damage to any of the components.

So does this come under the catagory of a "solution without a problem" or "an ounce of prevention"?

Thanks

Bill

Fulton Armory Dry Fire Device

http://www.fulton-ar...evicear-15.aspx

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I am not sure how this works. But your dry firing with an Ar platform rifle does no harm. In the Marine Corps we dry fire the M16/ M4's like it's cool. The tool in question looks like it limits the throw of the hammer after the sear disengages and allows the hammer to fall. Try it and see, Personally I just charge the weapon with my left hand and continue dry firing. I would imagine it would be easier even if it just limited the distance you had to pull the charging handle would be a positive gain.

well , at least the person would have to open the action the first time to insert the device. = so the gun would have to be unloaded.

no harm in that . it would be a great item as a "Shooters Bag" stuffer. better than the chamber lock that the key will not turn in .

One downside I can see is if the device is left in the firearm after the dryfire session, to save time till the next session. Well, with no external sign the device is in, gun goes to range or worse, match, or much worse, loaded for home defense...

I have one and its pretty neat but rarely use it for the last reason.

Mark

In the Marine Corps we dry fire the M16/ M4's like it's cool.

Ah yes. Brings back the memories of the "dime drills". Maybe that's why I have an aversion to dry firing to this day! :goof:

I've heard of the "dime" drills but do not know how they are done. You put a cleaning rod into the barrel and balance a dime on the flash hider? Just a way to make sure you are smooth on the trigger?

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill

In the Marine Corps we dry fire the M16/ M4's like it's cool.

Ah yes. Brings back the memories of the "dime drills". Maybe that's why I have an aversion to dry firing to this day! :goof:

I've heard of the "dime" drills but do not know how they are done. You put a cleaning rod into the barrel and balance a dime on the flash hider? Just a way to make sure you are smooth on the trigger?

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Bill

Just put the dime on the barrel behind the flash hider.

Anyone use one of these?

Is it even required?

My AR has been dry fired thousands of times with no apparent damage to any of the components.

So does this come under the catagory of a "solution without a problem" or "an ounce of prevention"?

Thanks

Bill

Fulton Armory Dry Fire Device

http://www.fulton-ar...evicear-15.aspx

What does that little piece accomplish?

• 2 weeks later...

I use one from time to time. The biggest advantage is the shorter carrier travel to reset the trigger, which is handy if practicing prone and mono'ing off a magazine (too easy to lock the bolt back with the mag in, otherwise). nice to be able to reset w/o loosing cheek weld, too....

another downside is it "cheats" your shot, so if you're practicing accuracy such as the dime drill, the hammer doesn't hit as hard.

-rvb

• 1 year later...

I may have what you are looking for.

I also have a little business I just started called Friendsville Precision.

I invented a Dry Fire Device for an AR.

It allows you to speed up dry fire practice with your AR. Instead of having to break position to rack the charging handle, the Dry Fire Device allows you to re-cock the hammer by pushing a lever with the middle finger of your trigger hand.

You can check it out on my website - friendsvilleprecision

I like It fits inside the bolt carrier believe it was designed to saves wear on trigger hammer metal to plastic vs. firing pin, Nice to have if you have expensive trigger, and dry fire allot. You'll remember to remove it slides right out

I have something that will blow your minds. My friend at work designed it and had a few machined. It's also patent applied for at the moment. I'll take a picture in the morning and share.

It locks into your magwell. You have to remove the bcg. It leaves room for a chamber flag. There's a pad/lever just under the trigger guard to reset the trigger using your ring finger.

He's mostly finished prototyping the next version that uses a small motor to reset the trigger.