Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sourcing a 6" 9mm Witness barrel

bcelliott

I have a 9mm Witness Match for a dual caliber conversion project with an extra 4.75" 9mm barrel which I will rechamber for 9x23 (along with planned mods for the conversion such as springs, Henning guide rod, 38S mags, etc.)

What I really want is a 6" 9mm barrel to rechamber to 9x23. I will have it cut and recrowned to approx 5.5" to yield slightly better ballistics than the 4.75". It will stick out, but I like the look. An EAA rep told me that the long barrels are out of stock indefinitely. Does anyone know of a source for this barrel or a custom equivalent? Bar-Sto is no longer making one. Thanks!

I have a 9mm Witness Match for a dual caliber conversion project with an extra 4.75" 9mm barrel which I will rechamber for 9x23 (along with planned mods for the conversion such as springs, Henning guide rod, 38S mags, etc.)

What I really want is a 6" 9mm barrel to rechamber to 9x23. I will have it cut and recrowned to approx 5.5" to yield slightly better ballistics than the 4.75". It will stick out, but I like the look. An EAA rep told me that the long barrels are out of stock indefinitely. Does anyone know of a source for this barrel or a custom equivalent? Bar-Sto is no longer making one. Thanks!

It's not a small frame is it? A CZ75 Tactical Sport barrel can be fit to a small frame and will stick out about .3" past a longslide.

It's not a small frame is it? A CZ75 Tactical Sport barrel can be fit to a small frame and will stick out about .3" past a longslide.

No, unfortunately it is a large frame. EAA isn't importing longer barrels yet, but I did see this video about a new Witness Gold Match:

http://eaacorp.com/2011/03/witness-elite-series-gold-match-2/

It appears to be very similar to the Witness Hunter, and will come in other calibers beside 10mm and .45. I'd love to have one of those, but in the meantime, just the barrel would be great!

• 1 month later...