Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 JM Loading Port

Robbie

I am wanting to open up my loading port a little more on my Mossberg JM, especially around the follower. Does anyone have any pictures of the JM with this done? I have looked through the forum and have not been able to locate any.

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If setting up for TWinS or Quad loading, some slope from the front of the trigger guard to the tube helps. Then a steeper slope to let the thumb transition out. Having some of the follower showing when looking straight down is also a plus. Kind of a V with a long leg and a short leg.

NICE WORK DukDuk!

kurt: I cannot take credit for this, C-RUMS did it all. I have neither the courage, talent, tools, or time to knock out a job like that

mark: yes it wasn't as aggressive as I wanted, especially the forearm. I will have my handy-woodworker buddy shave it down abit.

i really like the work another Nebraskan did to his 930, pretty much went halfway to where the letters are stamped "930 12 GA" I think that would've been optimal

Here is the one PT did based on what James and I had previously done. Notice that a lot of effort was put into making the transition out of the loading port smooth so that the "pet" motion can be used. Not the best angle for it, but look at the thickness of the black on the upper edge between the port mod and the side. Notice the angle. It is smoother and faster this way.

FNSLPbyPT.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my JM 930 after a little effort to open things up, yea I know I need to smooth things out a bit but it does load easier now than before. Thanks Mark for the nice pics and advice to see the follower showing, that makes a BIG difference.

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Edited by LikesToShoot

Here's my JM 930 after a little effort to open things up, yea I know I need to smooth things out a bit but it does load easier now than before. Thanks Mark for the nice pics and advice to see the follower showing, that makes a BIG difference.

can i send my 930 to you? i sent predator an email through their contact form but no reply

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Have you had any issues with feeding or shells getting stuck when coming out of the tube, after moving the front of the loadin port so far forward?

Mbauer67,

I just did that last night and have not live fired a round through it. I just copied what I seen Mark post in message #14.

I've only shot one 3-gun match and at this time I find that loading "traditional, strong hand" feels good to me using APCustomsUSA.com 4x4 carriers.

When shooting that match under pressure I didn't really feel a need for a welded lifter but did not like having to push my thumb so far up the tube to ensure the shell was captured. This deep throating made dry practice feel so much smoother and I hope Santa brings me a GTO or TWinS system to work on.so I can try another loading method. :D

Mbauer67,

I just did that last night and have not live fired a round through it. I just copied what I seen Mark post in message #14.

I've only shot one 3-gun match and at this time I find that loading "traditional, strong hand" feels good to me using APCustomsUSA.com 4x4 carriers.

When shooting that match under pressure I didn't really feel a need for a welded lifter but did not like having to push my thumb so far up the tube to ensure the shell was captured. This deep throating made dry practice feel so much smoother and I hope Santa brings me a GTO or TWinS system to work on.so I can try another loading method. :D

When you get out and run a bunch of rounds through your gun, please let me know if you have any problems or issues with the gun feeding out of the tube, etc.

Thanks Mike

Mbauer67,

When you get out and run a bunch of rounds through your gun, please let me know if you have any problems or issues with the gun feeding out of the tube, etc.

Thanks Mike

I sure will I but don't expect any problems because I just increased access to the lower portion of the tube at the bottom of the receiver. The elevator is still at the same spot to catch the shell when it's released.

Weather forecast looks good for trigger time this weekend. :)

Thanks Mike

Three consecutive runs of 9+1 alternating between a plate rack and static steel without any problem shooting fast.

I'll point out that if you're opening it up for load 2/4, then an undercut lip by the follower is extremely helpful, as well as heavily relieving the forearm and putting a ramp on the plastic thing that overlaps the receiver.

whats the reason for the lip? like a guide or a funnel for the shells? i was gonna send mine back out for something like likestoshoot's gun

I'll point out that if you're opening it up for load 2/4, then an undercut lip by the follower is extremely helpful, as well as heavily relieving the forearm and putting a ramp on the plastic thing that overlaps the receiver.

whats the reason for the lip? like a guide or a funnel for the shells? i was gonna send mine back out for something like likestoshoot's gun

I went ahead and took some more off my forearm. When I get my Mark Otto holder I can start to practice and see where I need to modify if needed.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

Edited by LikesToShoot