Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holster for g34 g35?

Blade tech WRS. It is just about like the DOH but it has a spring loaded thumb break retention strap. You can leave the strap forward and use like a regular DOH or have the extra retention if you need to go prone or run before you draw. Some of the others like the ALS and Serpa always require you to use the extra release.

This......

I run the non-lock Blackhawk Serpa holster and the retention is plenty to go prone, and it's a fast holster. Depending on how aggressive you move and what kind of obstacle course you're running though, I can understand the draw to a holster that has more positive retention than just friction like the ALS holster.

I run the non-lock Blackhawk Serpa holster and the retention is plenty to go prone, and it's a fast holster. Depending on how aggressive you move and what kind of obstacle course you're running though, I can understand the draw to a holster that has more positive retention than just friction like the ALS holster.

Just friction like the ALS? The ALS is not a friction/tension holster. It locks onto the ejection port using a block in the holster. No way the gun is coming out without you wanting it to.

I have the DSG for my 6" 2011. I like it, only have one match and a couple of casual range sessions with it but it works fine, and, as someone said, covers the rear sight and doesn't have any levers or gears or gizmos to worry about. You do have to pull the gun like you mean it. I'm slow but I'm getting a shot on a popper at 9 yards in 1.65 to 1.9, with almost no practice. Don't know if it is on their site yet, I sent them an airsoft 2011 I've had another maker use as a "mold". It is a standard dust cover, not the long one. A heat gun can fix that. Only change I'd like is a back plate with ELS/TecLok holes. Going to have to make my own.

Just friction like the ALS? The ALS is not a friction/tension holster. It locks onto the ejection port using a block in the holster. No way the gun is coming out without you wanting it to.

Sorry I should have stated that better. For 3 gun, you will want a holster with more than just a friction lock. An example would be the ALS holster.

DSG ARMs 3 gun holster developed fot team noveske cant beat it. Covers complete sight track and very positive retention. built in drop and offset.

Great stuff.

Glad you like the holster. We'll be working on a different drop and offset to be compatible with ELS and TMMS clips in the next few months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought an ALS because of the recommendations here but didn't like it. Most holsters I am used to have part of the front cut out, so adjusting to the ALS was difficult and eventually I gave up on it. It kind felt like I had to bring my gun upto my armpit just to clear the holster. Plus the ALS is very difficult to mount to the ELS belt system....it requires a lot of manipulation

I am waiting for the bladetech WRS now....not sure if it will be any different, but hopefully it is more what I am used too.

I was using a DOH, but got DQ'd from a match when it jumped out while running...I'm notoriously bad for not keeping an eye on set screws and since I shoot so many handgun matches, it didn't even occur to me it was coming loose. To compensate for my ignorance, I'll only be using a retention holster go forward.

Edited by Onagoth

Blade Tech's are awesome...recommended by Gunsite and Front Sight, used by countless LEO and competitive shooters. They're perfect holsters...no frills, just right. 'Can't beat 'em.

Just got my bladetech thumb drive and I like it a lot better than the ALS. I had to drill a hole in order to attach the holster to the ELS male adaptor, but it wasn't difficult at all.

Really like the thumb drive retention and ease of use.

I use a Gcode holster for my G35. It works well is fast and has adjustable tension. I have shot a lot of three gun stages and never had it work loose while running jumping etc..

+1 for GCode

I use the G-Code as well. Great holster and good retention. I recently switched over from the XST (with bail) to the OSH (without bail) for a little better draw speed.