Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holster for g34 g35?

Most on here will say bladetech DOH, which is a great holster, but I prefer more retention. Seen too many guns hit the ground. Look at the safariland 6378. The ALS thumb button is plenty fast for 3 gun. Blackhawk Serpa is also common, I just have the ALS on my duty holster and have plenty of muscle memory for it.

Blade tech WRS. It is just about like the DOH but it has a spring loaded thumb break retention strap. You can leave the strap forward and use like a regular DOH or have the extra retention if you need to go prone or run before you draw. Some of the others like the ALS and Serpa always require you to use the extra release. Edited by jtielke

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the BT DOH for years in USPSA competition with no complaints. However, I was concerned that the retention wasn't up to snuff for Mult-igun, specifically the MGM Ironman. So I bought the BT Thumb Drive and I really like it. Not sure if it was truly required but it made me feel better knowing I could take a nasty spill and have the pistol stay put.

www.blade-tech.com/5.11-Thumb-Drive-Holster-pr-1274.html

I have been using the Safariland competition 5197 for my Glock 34. I was a bit hesitant at first but after Iron man 2012, I was sold. Great retention and really comfortable to wear

When I shot a Glock 34 unused the safari land Als holster. I think the model was 6378. I really miss this set up as they don't make it for a 6" 2011. It is incredibly fast but yet also very secure. In my opinion it was just about the perfect set up for striker guns. I don't think the thumb release works as well with guns with a thumb safety like a 2011. For a Glock its what I recommend to everyone.

I am running a comp-tac. I love it. It is an older model that you can't get anymore. I think a comparable one would be the International. The one I use doesn't offset. It has drop to it, but doesn't stick out away from my body.

ALS is by far the best holster when balancing retention and speed. While it won't win any quick-draw competitions, I would say an extra .5 secs is well worth it when you NEVER need to worry it will come out unintentionally. For $35-40, you just cant go wrong.

• 4 months later...