Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powerpoint deck for Dryfire training

robot

I don’t use 2/3 sized targets that most people do, I’m blessed with having a large screen HP Touchsmart PC in my room that I use as a target surface. In order to make the scenarios more dynamic, I cobbled together a Powerpoint deck that was originally created by T.Ron, a local influential NWPPA Safety Officer and Stats meister. I modified it mainly to use as a USPSA dry-fire program (changed targets to USPSA Metric style) and added swingers, plates, texas stars and others.

You can read my post and download the PPT deck here : http://gunbot.wordpress.com/2012/11/06/gunaim-powerpoint-dryfire-deck/

Hope you find it useful, and if you do, let me know, send me a mail or something. I’d love to know how you’ve used it. Better yet, record a video!

Very nice. You did a good job in giving it some variety.

On swinger left and swinger right, I get no movement. Just the green rectangle. Is this an indication of an old version of PowerPoint?

Thanks.

Bill

Thanks guys! Glad you find it useful.

Bill, I think you need a newer version of Powerpoint or you could use the free Powerpoint viewer. Apart from the swinger, the texas star also rotates, do you see that?

Edited by robot

Thanks guys! Glad you find it useful.

Bill, I think you need a newer version of Powerpoint or you could use the free Powerpoint viewer. Apart from the swinger, the texas star also rotates, do you see that?

Hey, a little updated technology fixed everything.

That Texas Star is awesome.

Thanks.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to get it to run on it's own or do I have to hit the space bar / arrow key to get it to advance through the slides?

Steve, just hit F5 to launch the powerpoint. Each slide is coded with timing information to automatically advance the slide. Once it gets to the end, it restarts by itself for more dryfire time :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I replace the target shapes with any other format of the IPSC Classic target?

I am not a PowerPoint wiz, so pardon the extra quastions ... how do I edit the targets on the swingers?

Ho do one buidl the moving target slides? I would like to build few bobbers, swingers moving accross a window, etc, as well ...

I like this a lot.

Tanks Robot for sharing ...