Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How often do you have shooting on your mind?

traindriver

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Something is wrong with you if you do not think about match shooting every day. I am not talking about match planning, reloading, buying guns or components. I am referring to thinking about the physical and mental act of making the correct shot. Mike Anti once asked Lones Wigger what it took to win Gold in smallbore rifle at the Olympics. Wigger answered you must think about winning the Olympics each and every day. Aside, in 2007 I asked Wigger what he ate during matchs? His answer was "very little".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A good amount of the day goes into planning, preparation and execution of all the things necessary to shoot, which is a lot and hence requires lots of time. Since I have no children and my bleoved dogs have died I have lots of time to devote to this new chapter in my life especially since my wife promotes it.

Reloading is a big chunk of it, loading for different calibers and staying on top of that is paramount. Then comes the dry fire practice, live fire practice and local matches and ultimately the majors traveling abroad like gypsies. Lying at bed at night trying to follow the fan around and around and when the wife is sleeping grabbing my open gun to see if I can get a hit, or re-living a stage I shot at the Florida open where I rehersed in my head a hundered times how I should have shot the stage!!! And if I ever come upon it again I will be ready!

Men are obsessed especially those who participate in the shooting sports for sure... Now its time to go and dry fire some, get used to my new open blaster and have the dot come to me and be able to find it consistently in as many different positions as possible!!!

• 2 weeks later...

i have a psychologist in the family, and she says that men (aside from being VERY visual creatures) are all hard wired to be obsessive and hyper focused when its a single function or task (i.e. a hobby. you just gotta find your niche and then it takes over... kinda like when men "discover" that girls dont have kooties after all-how focused were you then!

• 2 weeks later...

Be easier to just figure out how much time I'm not thinking bout shooting.

One of those people that can't leave work at the office? Maybe you should take up some kind of hobby. :goof:

OK, That's really funny, and completely true. Its Easter Sunday, I'm about to have dinner and I'm on the interweb talking about shooting....I guess this could wait until tomorrow, between the hours of 09:00-17:00.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...