Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any info on IFG Tanfoglio P 19 L 9mm

I've been wanting an all metal 9mm with an adjustable rear sight and the ability to fire single action . Almost bit on a CZ sport tact but in the end a cannot justify the cost to myself.I won't be competing in any big pistol matches any time soon. I mainly shoot Service rifle and 3P Smallbore. My club has three handguns matches per year which are mainly 25 yard standing slow fire using a standard silhouette. Tried out a friends CZ 75 bd, man I hate that de cocker. The only decocker pistols I own are two Taurus OSS pistols(these are my carry guns and likely always will be) and that de cocker makes since to me, up on the safety to decock. I grew up shooting 1911 pistols and naturally take a high hold with my gorilla hands and my thumb needs a manual safety to reside on.When I shot the 75 bd I was constantly de cocking it. I wonder why so many designs feature a push down to decock safety?

I was about to order a CZ 75 from Bud's and install an adjustable rear sight on it when I found the IFG Tanfoglios P 19L at Bud's. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_1189/products_id/411552624/IFG+TANFO+P19L+9MM+

Like many photos on Bud's the description does not match the gun. Listing has checkered Walnut grips.I find very little information on this pistol online. It seems to be a good deal but I would like to know more about it before I hit the go button. Is the safety a manual safety that does not decock ? What kind of warranty does IFG Tanfoglio have ? What mags will work in it ? Is the trigger the same as the old style CZ 75 in that when the slide is racked or the hammer is manually cocked the pistol is in single action mode ?

Also I have very big hands, XXL gloves. The CZ 75 bd seemed a tad small but I can work around it. The IFG "Bullseye" in 9mm would seem to me a perfect range toy but I do not think they make them in 9mm.Thanks in advance for any information.

Edited by singleshotcajun

Well, I've been wanting a EAA Witness steel 45/.22 LR combo for a while and Bud's got some in and I could not resist.If I like the Witness 45 well enough it may become my "carry". I like the idea of practicing with basically the same model in .22 lr. I also ordered a Armalite AR 24 tactical. I know that there is a chance that Armalite may drop the Turk made CZ75/Sig 210 clone because now EAA is importing the 45 version and I assume will soon import the 9mm version. The current EAA K2 pistols do not have the forged in checkering to the frame and for me that is a major selling point.I have let fear of "not made here" guns keep me from ordering the Armalite for many years but decided to take a chance on one. IF I decided to try my hand at some IDPA I assume the EAA standard Witness 45 is legal but what about the AR 24 ?

Well now I have gone way off topic with regards to particular firearm I mentioned in the title. Picked up the Witness and AR24/tc yesterday evening. The EAA witness 45 may be the most natural feeling handgun my Grape Ape hands have ever had in them. The AR 24 feels a little weird.I hate the hump on top of the grip when taking a high hold. In hind site I should have got the Tanfoglio P 19 L instead. The overall fit of AR 24 is great and the adjustable rear sight seems to be well made and should hold where set. If I cannot get used to the "hump" on top of the right side grip I'll grind the rubber down and hope even the most ticky lawyer at Armalite would not consider that voiding the warranty. By the way the Armalite warranty is only a five year and they require a copy of sales receipt to be sent in with the warranty card. I found the bit about the receipt in kind of small print on the back of the card.

My next pistol(next year) will likely be a CZ sport tactical 9mm or the Tanfoglio 19 L . I wish Tanfoglio made their Bullseye or Hunter in a 9mm.

• 3 weeks later...

Might have to settle for a Hunter in 45 then buy a long slide 9mm conversion for it.Historically I have a thing for handguns that have limited support and availability. I hate shiny guns but would put up with it for a Bulls eye. A Hunter may be easier to find and it would work with my .22 Long slide and a 9mm Long slide and it would be all black.

Edited by singleshotcajun

Spoke with EAA this morning.As expected IFG amd EAA are the same folks, no news there. The P 19 L is a small frame. Current manufacture Witness pistols including the Bullseye in 9 or 40 can be either small or large frame, no way to know until you get it. All new manufactured 45 or 10 will be large frame.