Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 JM Pro rear sight question

Boxerglocker

I have a 930 but not the JM version (wasn't out when I bought mine).

Was having hell getting slugs to hit where I wanted.

Got the Hi-Viz Four-in-One sights with the tall front sight and it now shoots perfectly.

I just received the same sight and used one of the screws provided in plave of the original sight. Did you use the double face tape or did you drill and tap for the second screw?

What is the drill and tap size needed for the other screws they provided?

Thank you.

Steve

I couldn't find anyone that could drill and tap for the second screw.

Tape won't hold because of the rib irregularities.

So I used the front screw and zip-tied the back. Has worked well, even through the Texas Multi-Gun match.

Eventually I'll find someone that can tap it, until then, I like the look of the zip tie :)

Edited by soterik

I just talked to Trevor at HiViz. He said in their 4 in 1 sight kit there should be 6 screws. (2) 3-56, (1) 5-40, Mossberg Original, (1) 3 X.5, (1) 3 X .6, AND (1) 6-48.. I'll be drilling and tapping for the 3-56.

I asked if they sold the front sight set seperately, NOPE!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the rear sight only and it works perfect with the factory front. I actually run the elevation adjustment all the way down so that the sight is touching the rib on my gun. I have my gun zeroed at 100yds.

How are the TS series rear sight only holding up? Is it getting beat up and holding zero? Just curious as I am about to get a set.

thanks

Why move away from the stock JM Pro front site? I don't have any real complaints about it....

Looking at the XS website I can't find any rear site options except for the rear site / rail combo. What am I missing?

If your slugs are hitting where they need to be at 50 and 100 then you're not missing a thing.