Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
newportri

Infinity interlocking trigger system question

I got one of the Infinity Interlocking Trigger Systems Trigger Base (ball bearing model) for my Sig 1911 (can't create a link since I don't have enough posts).

It says the following:

Standard trigger base has lightweight Titanium bow. Tri-Glide trigger base has a steel ball bearing inset into rear of a titanium bow. Provides uniform contact surface and reduces friction. All base models feature overtravel and takeup adjustments. Purchase base and inserts separately.

I see the screw for overtravel adjustment, but how is the takeup adjustment done? If anything has to be bent, where should the bending be done?

Thanks

There should be a small tab on the front of the trigger bow which can be bent forward to limit of the trigger (take up).

Pat

Ahhh, that makes sense. I saw the tab and figured it was for something, but I wasn't sure how to use it. I was thinking that takeup adjustment would be done by making the trigger bow "longer" (I have heard of other triggers that function like this) so that it would come in contact earlier...

Thanks, I will give that a try :D

I gave up spending the big $$$ for them. I buy the STI "Gunsmith Fit" triggers and mill the shoe to my liking (short flat).

Pat

OK, so i just purchased a STI "Gunsmith Fit" trigger......I'm embarrassed to ask but how does one go about fitting it. I feel like its time to learn. I would imagine that one polishes the gliding (outer) surfaces with a fine stone or polish and a dremmel? how about the trigger face itself, would fine sand paper do the job? I appreciate any help. thanks

OK, so i just purchased a STI "Gunsmith Fit" trigger......I'm embarrassed to ask but how does one go about fitting it. I feel like its time to learn. I would imagine that one polishes the gliding (outer) surfaces with a fine stone or polish and a dremmel? how about the trigger face itself, would fine sand paper do the job? I appreciate any help. thanks

You typically just need to remove some material from the top and bottom of the trigger. Make sure your trigger channel is clean and square in your grip before you start removing material from the trigger. I use a fine file to adjust the trigger pad length until it gets close and then switch to sandpaper to clean it up. The same is true with fitting the trigger to the grip. The polymer is easy to remove, so just about any abrasive will do the job, it's just a matter of how long it takes. As always, just remember, you can't put material back on. Good luck!

knedrgr   

I want a SVI short flat trigger in my STI Eagle. Is there a huge advantage between the standard base and tri-glide?

I had installed a tri-glide on a buddy's VIP, and it just had an extra dimple in the back of the trigger bow. This is so there's minimum drag between the bow and disco. As far as I'm concern, a good polishing job on contact surfaces will do the trick to minimize friction.