Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bushmaster Announces 2nd Annual Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge

Looks like Bushmaster is planning on doing another Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge in May of next year!!

http://tarheel3gun.com/announcing-2013-dates-for-the-bushmaster-tarheel-3-gun-challenge-our-major-match-will-be-held-on/

The 2013 Bushmaster Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge will be held on May 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2013. The Bushmaster TH3GN Challenge is our multiple day Major Match which will feature 9-10 stages , side matches and a large prize table. We are very proud to announce that Bushmaster will again be the title sponsor of this event.

We are also very excited to announce that Woody will host this event again on “the farm”…hone your rifle skills because the format will be very similar to last year. The Inaugural Bushmaster Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge was won by Clint Upchurch (Open), Chad Drewery (Tac Ops), Kevin Cates (Tac Non Magnified) and Steve Wall (Heavy Metal) and was attended by several other professional 3 gunners…

If I know anything about this match director I'm sure it will be bigger and better than last year.

If you're remotely close to NC this is definitely a match to shoot.

post-22678-0-76734600-1348143899_thumb.j

Edited by gnhowell1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Folks we had to chnage the date beuase of a sponor conflict....That week in May is NRA. So we have moved the date to April 25-27, 2013 (a 3 day format)

Got to http://tarheel3gun.c...gun-challenge/for more details.

Looks like Bushmaster is planning on doing another Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge in May of next year!!

http://tarheel3gun.c...ill-be-held-on/

The 2013 Bushmaster Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge will be held on May 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2013. The Bushmaster TH3GN Challenge is our multiple day Major Match which will feature 9-10 stages , side matches and a large prize table. We are very proud to announce that Bushmaster will again be the title sponsor of this event.

We are also very excited to announce that Woody will host this event again on "the farm"…hone your rifle skills because the format will be very similar to last year. The Inaugural Bushmaster Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge was won by Clint Upchurch (Open), Chad Drewery (Tac Ops), Kevin Cates (Tac Non Magnified) and Steve Wall (Heavy Metal) and was attended by several other professional 3 gunners…

If I know anything about this match director I'm sure it will be bigger and better than last year.

If you're remotely close to NC this is definitely a match to shoot.

THIS MATCH IS CHANGED TO APRIL 25,26,27

Ok question. In the rulebook under Classifications "Heavy Metal Classes" is written but only what looks like Heavy Metal rules are posted; then under Holsters and Equipment it lists items for Heavy Metal Optics and Heavy Metal. So there is a HMO right?

Charles would love to make it down for the first time. Got the reg date and time from the site.

Registration will open on January 6th, 2013 at 7PM on our website,

Edited by Rob01

Link to our web page with match info..http://tarheel3gun.com/the-2013-bushmaster-tarheel-3-gun-challenge/

Make certain to read up on establishing an account on out web site..."you must ahve an account with tarheel3gun.com to get into to sign up for this event". The account are free and easy to establish. Paymanet also made online.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xvlGeIx5Rxk" frameborder="0" width="300" height="225"></iframe>

Edited by csole

so i just registered with on the website, very easy. i was reading rules page. it says shotguns must have a barrel length of 24 inches or shorter. does that go for the bushmaster match or is that just a local rule for monthly matches

so i just registered with on the website, very easy. i was reading rules page. it says shotguns must have a barrel length of 24 inches or shorter. does that go for the bushmaster match or is that just a local rule for monthly matches

Whoaaaaa! Pumpin the brakes.... Need to know the answer to this also

So here are the rules on the site for shotgun. Rule 2 and Rule 8 are concerning me. Are these the rules that are going to be used for the match?

Shotgun – Tactical Class

1. Shotguns must be of a factory configuration
    2. Barrel length may not be changed for the duration of the match and must be 24 inches or shorter, however a non-ported extended choke can be used it cannot extend more the 1.25 inches past the end of the barrel.
    3. Internal modifications are allowed providing the modifications do not alter the original factory configuration of the shotgun.
    4. External modifications to the lifter are allowed.
    5. No electronic or optical sights are allowed on shotguns in this class.
    6. No shotgun supporting devices (i.e. bipods, etc.) are allowed in this class.
    7. No compensators or porting on barrels allowed in this class.
    8. Tactical Shotguns may only hold 8 rounds maximum in the tube. Ghost loading is specifically not allowed.
    9. No shotgun speed loaders are allowed in this class.

That would be disappointing if I couldn't run my new VersaMax with 26" barrel.