Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Might be the tightest 3-shot group I ever shot

benos

It was diggin' through some old stuff today, and found this old target I'd long forgotten.

Of course the group was shot off sandbags. And since it's been 14 years, I can't remember why I only shot 3 shots (instead of the more traditional 5 shots).

The pistol was a 40 S&W SVI, with a Briley / spherical bushing barrel in it, that I used for only the Steel Challenge and the Bianchi Cup. It was the most tack-driving centerfire pistol I ever owned.

tightgroup.jpg

Edited by benos
added "spherical"

I wouldn't have fired a fourth shot, either :cheers:

I wondered if that might have been what happened. :) But then though, I wouldn't have been able to see the hole(s) at 25 yards, and I never had a sope or binoculars at the range with me, so I'm not sure why I walked dowrange after the third shot.

I wondered if that might have been what happened. :) But then though, I wouldn't have been able to see the hole(s) at 25 yards, and I never had a sope or binoculars at the range with me, so I'm not sure why I walked dowrange after the third shot.

C'mon OB1...no need for you to use spotting scopes as you are just that good at calling your shots! You "knew" the group was just that good.

The only answer is that you must have called all three shots. :rolleyes:

Joe

I keep calling my shots, they never answer..... :angry2:

Okay, that is just too funny. Which means I'm stealing that line!

Thanks for the bright spot in an otherwise challenging morning.

And Brians recommendations regarding benchrest shooting have served me well in the modest abilities I've acquired. Great pic, very motivating.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a couple of 100 yard groups about that size. Of course they are .308 holes, and were shot with about $5,000.00 worth of rifle and several thousand dollars worth of scope. With a pistol I have days that I would have been get three hits on the white circle. :roflol: