Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Alabama Sectional

This was a great match. You will be hard pressed to find a better match anywhere. Like Sam said, this match is here to stay and I believe will become a premier match in the South. Thanks to Mark, Sam and all the crew.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special thanks to Mark K and Alan L for tireless effort to get the match setup the week before. The stages were great, the staff was outstanding and the RO's did a great time running the shooters through in one day. Sam...I like your style, great to have you as the RM.

FYI...EAGC has been selected to host next years Alabama Section...so mark your calendars for another DNM match. (Do not miss)

Yesterday and Today are the sort of day that Alan, his lovely wife Leigh, and I ask ourselves, what the hell were we thinking agreeing to do it again next year....

Yesterday was spent 1) Helping a class that was running at the range, and 2) Burning Trash, Cleaning up, and generally getting the range back to where it needs to be for our regular membership. We are tired and sore. Alan calls it the EAGC workout plan, but does not think there is much of a market for it.

But ultimately it is a very gratifying experience to run a match like this, and see people having fun.

That is our ultimate goal, create a fun match - the type that we would like to shoot. No tricks, no gimmicks, and lots of shooting. That is the plan for the future. We would like this ultimately to be a Classic, like the Florida Open, Gator, or the Mississippi Classic. A good early season warm up for our Northern Friends.

I want to thanks everyone that helped with the match. Our sponsors (see the webpage), and EVERYONE that worked the match in any way.

A special thanks to: Alan, Leigh, Jason, Joel, Maddie, Charles, Matt, Dustin, Jack, Sam, Robert, J.C., Mandy, Chad, Comer, Dale and Mark R. Many of these people did not even shoot the match, yet worked their buts off to make sure it came off as well as it did.

If you were registered for the match, you will receive a short email survey from us in the next weeks. Please respond to it so that we can make this match better.

If you like our match, and are in the area on the 3d Sunday of any month, come join us. You will get 6 stages of pretty much what you saw this weekend.

Thank you all for coming and supporting our young club.

Mark Kauder

Match Director

Saturday was a 17 hr day for us.

You too....it did take us a little longer to get home...there was the stop at Dairy Queen....then a Mcdonalds but they must have seen me coming as the doors were locked so it was off to Taco Bell....

Another Great job to you and your staff again this year....If you do 10 stages next year you may have to call it "The He-Man Shootout".

What y'all say we BUMP UP the ROUND count

Thank You to all that came out to play and work.

You guys and gals are great.

See you next year

Jason Hammett

Cro sat stage 4

EAGC Life Member

And a special thank you to my family Alan, Leigh ,Maddie ,Joel and Mark.

The "Heart of Dixie 400"....10 stages 40 rounds each.....even single stack friendly

I'd sure hate to be one of those Limited 6 shooters.

sd

Trust me, an 8 shooter this year was bad enough. Next year, I will likely be Limited.

The "Heart of Dixie 400"....10 stages 40 rounds each.....even single stack friendly

Noooooooooooooooooooooo :surprise:

Yeah, I got exhausted just watching you. It made me so tired I could barely do my 1 mag change per stage...