Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my first classifier...

rpcruab

Thought I did pretty horrible, but I squeezed into ESP sharpshooter...barely.

Stage 1 - 37.46 - Stage 2 - 35.55 - Stage 3 - 62.79 - Total - 135.8 (SS)

Missed a few head shots and dropped a loaded mag on Stage 3. Now it's time to work towards expert. :D

Edited by rpcruab

stage 3 is a pita for 90% of the shooters..if you have a big enough backyard,get you some IDPA targets and cut off the -3 section,and dryfire on them..you dont need a true barricade for the backyard,just get a piece of cardboard to use..

Good luck in youe adventure!!

stage 3 is a pita for 90% of the shooters..if you have a big enough backyard,get you some IDPA targets and cut off the -3 section,and dryfire on them..you dont need a true barricade for the backyard,just get a piece of cardboard to use..

Good luck in youe adventure!!

Thanks for the tip! I definitely need to practice stage 3 (20 down on 1 target is embarrassing) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Just found out the match director forgot to list my stage 3 procedural, meaning I am actually classified....MARKSMAN <_< At least they are taking the time to fix the mistake. Guess I'll have to try harder next time! :lol:

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ha! Can you say HOOKED! My wife and I and another couple have shot 2 IDPA matches and the classifier. All of use have enjoyed every minute of it even though we had a 200 mile round trip for 2 out of the 3 events we participated in. Not only did we enjoy the shooting, but the people were great as well.

Ha! Can you say HOOKED! My wife and I and another couple have shot 2 IDPA matches and the classifier. All of use have enjoyed every minute of it even though we had a 200 mile round trip for 2 out of the 3 events we participated in. Not only did we enjoy the shooting, but the people were great as well.

I'm not sure where you shoot, but there are clubs in both Prescott and Flagstaff.

IDPA shooting is addictive for sure! I'm flying out on Friday for a big sanctioned match in the midwest.