Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Bushnell 1x6 or the pending SWFA 1x6?

sasquatch981

I am in a cunundrum. I need a new optic, and I want something in the 1x6 range. I am poor family man so the swaro is out. What can you tell me about the Bushnell, and the yet to be release SWFA? The SWFA is cheaper by about $300+, andif ordered from the factory, they will let me trade in some unused stuff bringing the total down even furhter to the $700-ish range. I might be able to exchange a NIB bushy scope I have in the safe back to Bushnell for a discount, but that would bring the cost down to about $1,000-1,100. I am basing my opinion on the SWFA 1x4's that people seem to like.

What say the inter-webs? :goof:

The Bushnell sells for about $1100 from a few online retailers and is available now. There have been several shooters comment on the good and the (very limited) bad.

The SWFA scope is "coming soon." There are no reviews that I'm aware of other than maybe a couple pre-production samples.

In my opinion, the Bushnell reticle is better than the SWFA reticle for our game. Bushnell supports our sport and has a great lifetime warranty.

These are the reasons I bought one, even though it hurt dropping that much money on a piece of glass. But I've been very happy with it.

Have you thought about the Leupold line? The VX-6 line is awesome and all of them are less than 1000 dollars. The Multigun VX with the SPR reticle is nice. They are in stock at two places now that I know of. Good luck.

I'm happy with my bushnell so far, though I haven't used it in a serious match yet.

My buddy is also happy with his Sightron, we did a side by side and the glass seemed comparable, though the sightron is much cheaper.

For me, reticle is as important as quality of the glass....and the bushnell has two pretty decent options.

The Bushnell sells for about $1100 from a few online retailers and is available now. There have been several shooters comment on the good and the (very limited) bad.

The SWFA scope is "coming soon." There are no reviews that I'm aware of other than maybe a couple pre-production samples.

In my opinion, the Bushnell reticle is better than the SWFA reticle for our game. Bushnell supports our sport and has a great lifetime warranty.

These are the reasons I bought one, even though it hurt dropping that much money on a piece of glass. But I've been very happy with it.

I've been looking at this scope but haven't seen it for less than $1300. Where are you finding it at that price? Thanks.

I've got a SWFA coming, got it with a bundle with a 5-20 for my .50. I'll be more than happy to let you know about it as soon as it hits my door (about 2 weeks last I heard). Also it'll most likely be in the classifieds for a few hundred less than the Bushnell will cost you. I have used a few of their SS line of scopes before and they have always been great.

What has SWFA done for 3 gun/ multigun???????????

Bushnell has donated 10's of thousands of dollars just this year!!! to matches and you guys, the shooters in the form of prizes and match support.

The answer is very simple,..........................BUSHNELL!!!!!!

Trapr

What has SWFA done for 3 gun/ multigun???????????

Bushnell has donated 10's of thousands of dollars just this year!!! to matches and you guys, the shooters in the form of prizes and match support.

The answer is very simple,..........................BUSHNELL!!!!!!

Trapr

Got my Bushnell Elite 1-6.5 (SFP) in yesterday , This is the most expensive scope I have ever purchased. Will sight it in tomorrow. I bought this due to knowing that if you and Kurt recommend it I can not go wrong.

Picked it up from Graf.

What scope levers are you using?

The SWFA 1X6 is FFP only. It seems that most have not been happy with the FFP Bushnell because the reticule looks to small. I have the SFP and am happy with it and that seems to be the concensus from what I have been reading. Something to keep in mind.

Got my Bushnell Elite 1-6.5 (SFP) in yesterday , This is the most expensive scope I have ever purchased. Will sight it in tomorrow. I bought this due to knowing that if you and Kurt recommend it I can not go wrong.

Picked it up from Graf.

What scope levers are you using?

MGM Switchview SVMAPT fits great.

I used my Bushnell SFP for the first time at a match this weekend. No targets were further than 50 yards, so I didn't use much magnification. I really like it. Hardest part was adjusting to the reticle and the point of reference for close targets, especially when obscured with hard cover or a nonthreat. I was real slow & delibrate with those shots. A couple more trips to the range and I should become more accustomed to it.

I've been off my feet the last few weeks due to an injury and have only been able to swing my new SFP Bush Tac on stuff around the house and in the backyard, but it is so much easier to pick up on close targets compared to the FFP, I'd have to say it is definitely the way to go for our sport.

Trapr

Got my Bushnell 1-6.5 SFP a couple days ago. Will get range time this weekend, but just sighting on targets around the house I'm even happier with it than I expected. The glass is great, and its field of view is wider than I though it would be. I like the BTR2 reticle and the illumination is quite bright. I feel like I'm pointing faster than with my old scope, which I didn't expect either.

I like my bushnell but its not very forgiving when it comes to the eye box... Thats my major gripe about it. You really have to be perfectly behind the scope or you'll get nothing but black ...

Other than that ... I have the BTR 1 reticle and its FFP and the reticle is nice and bright even without the ilumination. When your on your on, zero'ed the sight out @ 200yrds and once zero was hitting targets out pass 600yrds with the scope.

Alot of people arent happy with the FFp on the bushnell but I'm quicker with iron sight when up close and out to a 100yrds with irons. So I leave my bushnell on 6.5x for longer shots. But then again this isnt just a 3gun specific rifle. I like plinking long distance with this rifle...

Edited by RippSpeed