Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there anywhere that has a Mossberg 930 JM in stock?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they still making this shotgun??? I have searched just about every online store plus called about every gun shop in the state of Kentucky plus Southwestern Ohio with zero luck. If anyone knows of where I can find one please let me know. Money is burning a hole in my pocket. The Versa Max Tactical even at almost double the cost is looking better and better!! Thanks for any info.

Considering I have no 3 Gun shotgun at this point this may be an option. I dont mind waiting for one but I would really like to know how long that wait is going to be. I could'nt even get that answer from Mossberg. Very new to the sport so my plan was to buy one before winter so I could spend my time indoors practicing reloading.

Are they still making this shotgun??? I have searched just about every online store plus called about every gun shop in the state of Kentucky plus Southwestern Ohio with zero luck. If anyone knows of where I can find one please let me know. Money is burning a hole in my pocket. The Versa Max Tactical even at almost double the cost is looking better and better!! Thanks for any info.

If you buy the VMT you will not be disapointed.

Carolina Sporting Arms in Charlotte NC has one sitting on their rack 660.00 has only been played with by myself. Be glad I did not have the 660.00 or it would be MINE...

John2A,

I called and spoke to a Jerry he couldn't find the JM Pro any chance he just overlooked it??

I bought mine from Bud's. I hit the buy button as soon as I received the notification. They had two and five minutes after I bought mine the other one was gone.

It is well worth the wait.

If you add the 1.5 inch tube cap you can get 10 in the tube, ghost load one and have one in the chamber for 12 starting rounds.

Edited by XD Niner

Got my JM pro 22 at the nations gun show. I only saw one and I bought it on the spot. Otd for 624 with VA sales tax. I cleaned it and took it to the range. Had several FTE and a couple of ghost feeds. I expected a bit of trouble durring break in. I was using Winchester universal from Wally world. I'm sure now that the first cleaning I did was poor. I'm also sure that I installed the mag tube improperly, a bit unscrewed fron the gas tube. That had to contribute to the ghost feeding. I loaded some hotter shells, 1250fps vs 1200. It liked the hotter shells better but did have one FTE with those. I put about 150 shells through it.

I cleaned it up a second time and paid lots of attention to the gas piston, gas rings and the gas tube on the barrel. There was some heavy carbon on the mag tube also, i had to work hard to remove that, i nearly pollished the OD of the tube where the gas piston rides. I made sure that the piston moved really smooth, it was fairly tight last time.

When it runs right it is a blast, excuse the pun. I'm sure I'll get it reliable within the next couple of hundred rounds. It shoots fairly softly. I'm happy with my choice and that I found one. It'll be my 3 gun shotty.

The one bad thing about the gun is the terribly dirty condition in which Mossberg ships them. Giving it a very thorough cleaning and lube job before you take it to the range will likely give you much better performance. I've now shot about two dozen brands and loads of birdshot, buckshot and slugs through mine. I have yet to have a single problem other than once when I loaded a shell improperly. Keep it clean and lubed and you should experience no further problems.

• 2 weeks later...

The one bad thing about the gun is the terribly dirty condition in which Mossberg ships them. Giving it a very thorough cleaning and lube job before you take it to the range will likely give you much better performance. I've now shot about two dozen brands and loads of birdshot, buckshot and slugs through mine. I have yet to have a single problem other than once when I loaded a shell improperly. Keep it clean and lubed and you should experience no further problems.

It's a flawless machine now.