Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta A400 Excel

Vipers

Ok, I am really enjoying my 391 Urika 2 Sporting. I have had no problems cleaning it. It is a joy to shoot.....So why the hell do I still want an O/U?

Engraving!

IMG_1523.jpg

Seriously, though, your 391 will do everything you could possibly ever need a shotgun to do. There is no real need go upgrade.

Man, that looks sweet.

• 4 weeks later...
If you go to any major sporting clays shoot, you will find that the 391 is probably the single most popular gun, followed by a mix of Browning and Beretta O/Us, then followed by the high dollar Krieghoffs, Perazzis, Kolars, Blasers, etc.. There's a reason beyond cost for the 391's popularity; it's reliable, it balances well, and recoils less. It's just an easy gun to shoot.

Nice galleries of pics have been posted from last week's US Open (second biggest sporting clays shoot of the year): http://www.greengirlphotos.com/f368120857

If you look through the pics, you'll see what people are shooting in major competition. I only flipped through quickly but I only saw one Benelli an one Remington semi-auto. All the other autos were Beretta 391s or 400s. Lots of Kreighoffs, Perazzis, Blasers, Browning O/Us, etc..

And yes, if you look closely, you'll find a pic of me ;):D

Edited by leftnose

• 9 months later...

someone at our sportsmans club had an anchor weight (Hornady progressive loader) for sale cheeeep.that was this

march. now i have 2 loaders and 3 shotguns.. the a400 (blue reciever) is very easy on the shoulder.only problem

it wont break crossing birds. works great on trap. my son the E4 navy et absolutely loves it which puts smile on me.

nice gun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can you tell any difference when shooting a A400 with a wood stock versus a plastic stock. Just the field guns. Is the KO

really worth it. I don't have a problem with recoil, didn't know if it's worth the extra money. I shoot a Extrema now, and it's time to trade it in.

I'll look at those. How about the A400 sporting for all around shotgun for hunting and sporting clays. Can it handle a 3"

goose load. I'm tired of paying for 3.5" shells, when I kill the same amount of birds with a 3" shell.

• 3 years later...

I own Beretta A400 Xcel since last two years. I absolutely love this gun. lt is a fine shotgun that commonly used in the clay fields. The A400 Xcel is a 12-gauge competition shotgun that has faster-cycling, softer-shooting and better balanced.