Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1X6.5 scope from Bushnell

kurtm

I have the SFP, today here it was 95 and sunny not a cloud in the sky, mine was bright maybe not as bright as a aimpoint but was definitely red, enought that my eyes would pick it up way easier than when it was turned off,i'm very happy with mine.

This is my experience as well. On the highest setting, the reticle is a bit dim on a cloudless day, but you can still see the red. It doesnt bother me a bit because of how large and distinct the horseshoe and center dot is. Its still very fast transitioning target to target without the reticle lit. Overall, I'm very pleased with mine and don't regret the purchase at all.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW I must have a defective scope because when I am standing in the sun shooting at a target in the sun the red is not there.If I am in my garage and looking at a target in the sun,it is somewhat red.Waktasz let us khow what you find. Blaster

Bummer about the no daylight illumination. I ordered one from SWFA with their 110% price match compared to the Graf's price. Will be here this week. I will miss the illumination from my Tac30 but I will appreciate the 6.5x!

In my opinion, the Bushnell is at least as bright as the TAC30, maybe a little more so. I think some of why the reticle appears brighter than the TAC30 is the horseshoe is one solid thick line, not three lines with spaces between like the Burris.

Spoke with Bushnell Technical rep today.

Attached find SFP BTR-2 reticle information (all they could supply at this time).

"The Bushnell 1-6.5x24mm is a short/mid-range tactical

riflescope featuring the Bushnell BTR-2 Tactical Reticle

on the Second Focal Plane. On 6.5 magnification power,

the horizontal stadia has mil marks at 1, 4, 5, and 7 for

ranging 10” targets and can be used for windage holds.

Also includes a total of 10 mils on the vertical stadia

for holdover. The scope includes 11 illumination

settings including 2 night vision settings"

Bushnell 1-65 SFP BTR2 2.pdf

BTR-1 SFP

The Bushnell 1-6.5x24mm is a short/mid-range tactical

riflescope featuring the Bushnell BTR-1 Tactical Reticle on

the Second Focal Plane. The BDC reticle is calibrated to

optimize the ballistic profile of the 5.56/.223 Rem caliber.

On 6.5 magnification, the upside down “T’s” on the vertical

stadia’s are used to best fit a 12”x18” target and initiate

a shot. The reticle design can get you impacting 600m

targets in a flash. 11 illumination settings including

2 night vision settings.

Bushnell 1-65 SFP BTR-1 2.pdf

Spoke with Bushnell Technical rep today.

Attached find SFP BTR-2 reticle information (all they could supply at this time).

"The Bushnell 1-6.5x24mm is a short/mid-range tactical

riflescope featuring the Bushnell BTR-2 Tactical Reticle

on the Second Focal Plane. On 6.5 magnification power,

the horizontal stadia has mil marks at 1, 4, 5, and 7 for

ranging 10” targets and can be used for windage holds.

Also includes a total of 10 mils on the vertical stadia

for holdover. The scope includes 11 illumination

settings including 2 night vision settings"

I think their data is a bit off. The horizontal stadia looks to me like the first marks left and right of the dot are at 1.5 mil.

Another important piece of data is the length of the horizontal marks on the vertical stadia. I believe the long ones are .8 mil and the short ones are .2 mil.

Thanks for providing the data and .pdfs.

BTR-1 SFP

The Bushnell 1-6.5x24mm is a short/mid-range tactical

riflescope featuring the Bushnell BTR-1 Tactical Reticle on

the Second Focal Plane. The BDC reticle is calibrated to

optimize the ballistic profile of the 5.56/.223 Rem caliber.

On 6.5 magnification, the upside down “T’s” on the vertical

stadia’s are used to best fit a 12”x18” target and initiate

a shot. The reticle design can get you impacting 600m

targets in a flash. 11 illumination settings including

2 night vision settings.

I must be a dumbass because I still don't get it.

Where on the "inverted T" does the bullet strike at those distances? At the base?

I have the BTR1 reticule also and the bullet strikes at the same drops as Trapr's post on page 2. I zeroed at 200Y with 77gr SMKs so my drops were 200y, 350y, 450y, 550y and 625y. I have verified this out to 400Y on 10-14" MGM flashers.

I just posted some video of the scope on my channel so if anyone wants to see what the scope offers, check it out.

http://youtube.com/SuperSetCA

Sorry, I don't know how to embed it here.

I have the BTR1 reticule also and the bullet strikes at the same drops as Trapr's post on page 2. I zeroed at 200Y with 77gr SMKs so my drops were 200y, 350y, 450y, 550y and 625y. I have verified this out to 400Y on 10-14" MGM flashers.

I just posted some video of the scope on my channel so if anyone wants to see what the scope offers, check it out.

Great video.

Craig

Fantastic video review!

Don't own this scope but spent a little time behind it, a couple of my thoughts:

1) I would characterize the illumination as if you had a TAC-30 that goes one click higher. It does not compare to the Meopta's illumination. At high noon, it was reddish but not bright. In the same conditions, my TAC-30 would look blackish with a red tint to it.

2) Glass was definitely nice.

3) As mentioned in the review, the eye box was super sensitive to eye placement.

Do you feel the tight eyebox to be a serious problem with this scope or is it not important?