Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1X6.5 scope from Bushnell

kurtm

Bushnell has a new 1X6.5 scope in their Elite series. a 1-6.5 X24 It has a 30 mm tube COVERED scope adjustment knobs that can be reset to zero easily, a day light visible illuminated reticle with a BDC calibrated for M855 out of an M4. I am attaching some pictures, but I am no kind of photgrapher. I really like the Reticle and it works well out to 600. The BDC works great with both 55 and 77 grain bullets on 10" flashers which is good enough for 3-gun. the one I have is first focal plane and will sell for around $1400-1500. They plan a second focal plane scope and it should be out around May. This thing is very bright and clear. It rivals any other scope I have ever seen....AND it has two night vision settings so it can be used with a NVS. These things are great!

post-1176-0-21709600-1332948421_thumb.jp

post-1176-0-53554800-1332948430_thumb.jp

post-1176-0-06716200-1332948442_thumb.jp

post-1176-0-80975400-1332948454_thumb.jp

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1,400.00 for a Bushnell ... wow....surprise.gif

and he bought the SFP not the FFP. :blink:

Very interesting scope. I'll keep my eye on this one and the forth coming Vortex 1-6x model. Thanks for the info and pictures Kurt. :cheers:

Very interesting scope. I'll keep my eye on this one and the forth coming Vortex 1-6x model. Thanks for the info and pictures Kurt. :cheers:

I think with these lower powered optics the 2nd focal plane would be better. I can't imagine using the bdc on anything other than the highest mag setting and at 1x the donut probably looks like a dot.

Kalani there will be several at the Texas/LaRue match so looking through one is no problem.

The turrets are like a TA-24's and are calibrated for 1 click = .1 Mil. Zero the rifle, then pull up on the turret and re-set to zero.

It isn't as bright as a Swarovski, but it certainly is bright enough to be seen in daylight. As for field of view couldn't notice much difference, but if it is important you can always spend the extra $100.00 per foot of field of view for the Swaro. The nice thing for me is the two night vision settings. I like to hunt hogs at night and now have a scope that can be used in conjunction with a ANPV-14, something lacking in the Swaro.

The shelfs in the picture don't have the "goodies". Those are the ones behind me in the picture...but that is the shop fridge and it has lots of "goodies" in it! :cheers:

At SHOT this scope was one of the 2 things I picked up that I really thought was cool...and I don't really like optics.

At $1400 it seems like a deal, but that is still more than I have in my entire rifle so I won't have one anytime soon.

I think with these lower powered optics the 2nd focal plane would be better. I can't imagine using the bdc on anything other than the highest mag setting and at 1x the donut probably looks like a dot.

Actually, I was commenting on the price of $1400 for the SFP model, not that he choose SFP over FFP. SFP are typically 20%-30% cheaper than FFP. Both have advantages and disadvantages dependent on how you utilize them. I personally prefer FFP on any scope I may use to hold over/off as I do tend to use magnifications other than the lowest and highest. Strictly for 3gun applications this scope would be fine in a SFP model though.

Bushnell has a new 1X6.5 scope in their Elite series. a 1-6.5 X24 It has a 30 mm tube COVERED scope adjustment knobs that can be reset to zero easily, a day light visible illuminated reticle with a BDC calibrated for M855 out of an M4. I am attaching some pictures, but I am no kind of photgrapher. I really like the Reticle and it works well out to 600. The BDC works great with both 55 and 77 grain bullets on 10" flashers which is good enough for 3-gun. the one I have is first focal plane and will sell for around $1400-1500. They plan a second focal plane scope and it should be out around May. This thing is very bright and clear. It rivals any other scope I have ever seen....AND it has two night vision settings so it can be used with a NVS. These things are great!

More options are good. Glad to see more companies bringing out 1-6 low power variables. In this case a 1-6.5.

Pat

mine was waiting for me at home when I finally got there after SMM3G, it will be on my JP at LaRue in a few weeks, and like Gort said, if you want to try it out just ask.

You will have a tough time ranging or holding over and using the BDC with "any" FFP scope on 1x, and this one is no exception, however the circle is big enough and bright enough to be shot like a "big" dot. I'll get mine out to the range tomorrow and shoot it to see what the BDC drops actually are, and figure out if I want to run a 200yard zero at the center or just zero the first drop down for 300 and see where everything else hits. I cannot find any subtension info on the BTR1 reticle on the website and the scope doesn't come with any, probably because they were in a hurry to get them to us. So I'll get that data as well.

The NV setting is truly a plus since piggies must beware of Red Necks!!!

Trapr