Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pinetucky 3-Gun 3/17/12 - Augusta, GA

I'm planning to come down there Saturday. I can bring some evil goodies if you want such as: 2 MGM double spinners, 2 pigeon flippers, a popper that triggers a flash target for slugs and a brand new GT Targets Windmill.

Sorry, was out of town and touch for a couple days.

Registration starts at 8:15, Safety briefing at 8:45, Start shooting just after 9.

I don't have detailed stage drawings suitable for posting, but:

Stage 1 is on the rifle range,

34 rounds rife (17 if they are all As/Bs),

24 rounds pistol (12 if they...)

15 steel plates

Stage 2 is on the pistol range,

36 rounds rifle (18 if...),

34 rounds pistol (17...)

12 steel plates

Stage 3 will be on two adjacent trap & skeet fields

14 steel plates

6 flying clays. From each of the center positions on the trap/skeet fields you will have controls for the skeet and trap launchers. You choose which buttons to hit in what order. You could throw the trap and a double at the same time or you could do each of the high house, low house, and trap separately.

So, at a minimum, bring 100 rounds of rifle, 100 rounds pistol, and 75 rounds of birdshot (7.5 or smaller/higher number). No steel rifle targets this time so you can use your steel core ammo if you want to burn it up.

IMG scoring (basically 1 A/B or 2 anywhere on paper, steel must fall, and flying clays will be counted as bonus (but you can only launch 3 frm each of the two stations). We're still doing the math but each flying clay will likely be 5 seconds off your time.

All courses of fire will have a 180 second time limit. Unless otherwise specified, all brown full-size USPSA targets will be engaged with handgun only, all white ¼ size USPSA targets will be engaged with rifle only, all orange 4” square steel targets will be engaged with shotgun only, and all red full-zise USPSA targets will be NoShoots.

There will only be 2 divisions: Tactical Optics and Tactical Irons. Unmagnified optics (dot-type) can run in the Tactical Irons division. There are no magazine capacity restrictions

Because all of the stages are going to be rather involved, we will need everyone’s help resetting the stages. There will be no collecting of brass until after the match is over and all of the props are put away.

While we will not dictate shooting positions, it may be to your advantage to shoot from a prone or kneeling position at times. Dress accordingly.

For anyone that wants to come shoot this but does not have the necessary equipment, several of us will have equipment that we will share. Please email me, mnyland@themxtrack.com, or Dewey Hutson, dewey1_1@msn.com, to make arrangements.

Bill, i sent you an email but it is too late for us to get stage changes approved for this weekend. I wouldlike to talk to you about using some of that for the matches June 16th, September 15th, and November 24th, though.

Oh, and about the fact that we are only having 3 rather long stages...We are working on getting more bays built but at the moment our facility limits us to those 3. The last 3 gun match we did had 2 more short stages but ran much later than expected. This one we will be breaking up into 3 squads and plan to finish earlier. We have not made arrangements for food so bring something if you want to eat before we finish.

The rifle and pistol bays are next to each other and gear can easily be carried to each. The shotgun fields are up the hill and a short walk but you can drive up there is you so desire.

• 1 year later...

My apologies to yall, I really wasn't thinking when I commented on the old post. I was going to delete it but don't see a delete button no where..... But....

Theres another 3gun at Pinetucky this weekend...... Im just saying cause I was just practicing my load 2's :sight:

Edited by Mike Bell

The clubs around here really need to coordinate a little better. There are rarely ever any 3 gun matches, and now there are 3 this weekend, Pinetucky in Augusta, Palmetto Gun Club in Charleston, and Sepsa in Yulee.

I would go to the Pinetucky match for sure if I wasn't already planning on going to the other two. I know a few other local guys that this applies to also.

I realize that these clubs put the 3 gun matches on when they can but a little scheduling deconfliction could lead to higher participation at all of them.

Edited by rboyes

Pinetucky is an enigma. I live 30 minutes from there and never can get any info. The last USPSA scores posted on their website are from 2008 IIRC. Really sad. No contact info. There are a LOT of people in this area that would be going if we just knew what and when. I have given up.

I'll make sure I tell Mike Nyland, I think they had a meeting last weekend after the USPSA match for scheduling matches for next 2014. And don't forget that starting in January, a new club, Atlanta 3gun will be holding a monthly 3gun Nation club match at South River on the third Sunday of every month I believe. I'm new to 3gun and this will be my third match, all at Pinetucky. I'm hoping to step up and start traveling to other clubs when I can. I have a varsity high school junior softball player that plays travel ball also.... so I have no time hardly.

Scott, the scores are all on CSRApistol.com here http://www.csrapistol.com/match_results.htm

Pinetucky has nobody to run their website and yes, its old. We shoot USPSA and IDPA every month and 3 gun four times a year plus ICORE and other matches. We also shoot some of the IDPA at Shooters Indoor range in Augusta.

Edited by Mike Bell

All of Pinetucky's USPSA scores since I started doing them in 2008 are on: http://www.csrapistol.com/USPSA/uspsa_scores.htm

The last 3 years are also on the USPSA website: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-listing.php?club=ga24&club2=&year=2013

For the last 3 years we have been having a 3-gun match the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I undertsand if others also take advantage of being off work Friday to setup for a Saturday match.

Mark came out and setup for our 3 gun today, will shoot it tomorrow, will go to Charleston to shoot their match Sunday, then down to Ft. Benning next week for their 3-gun. The only uncertainty is if his key will still fit the lock when he gets home. :)

I wish I could make the match in Charleston Sunday but I'll be lucky if I can walk tomorrow night. Sunday I also need to load up for FB3G.

It isn't completely up to date but I did try to put together a list of matches in driving distance from AUgusta: http://csrapistol.com/Matches.htm