Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Match Information

Thanks again to the staff and sponsors. MANY thanks to The Shooters Source for making it possible for me. Squad 8 was awesome. Even though my squad shot stage 1, I did not include it in the video since the stage was thrown out later. I was 30th out 150+ in Tac Optics.

Edited by pigfish73

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a newcomer to 3 gun, I enjoyed gamming stages like stage 7. If I want to not think and just pull the trigger, I will go back to highpower shooting. Isn't the idea of this shooting sport doing what you have to do inside the rules that are set forth to finish with the quickest time?

I had a blast at this match, like most all of the 3 gun matches I have shot.

Great stages, unlike any I have experienced so far!

/

I am interested in hearing the legal technique for the slug swing stage though. Wondering if you could put your feet down between shots? Thought about it after and can't remeber what the walk through said, I just sat down with my feet on the swing and shot but if I would have asked about putting my feet down in between to stabalize I would have done that. Mind games you say...

I too would like to hear this. Squad 5 was told we could NOT touch the ground with after we fired our first slug shot.

One MAJOR problem with stage 7 was that although the platform was included in the stage diagram, the rules specific to the platform were not mentioned in the written stage briefing. When I hear things like 'legal way to shoot it and minimize the swing' that make the shots basically the same difficulty as off-hand shots, my first thought is what was another squad allowed to do that we were not. Concise and consistent stage descriptions are crucial, especially on a stage like 7.

Except for 7, the stages were fun, and the prize table was good. I'll be back next year. Thanks to the RO's and match staff for the hard work.

When I shot it I did not touch the ground between shots or the Frame and chains. I sat in the middle left of the platform evenly distributing my weight on the chains and placing my shotgun near center. I sat on my knees and raised as high as I could under the frame. Have you ever tried to push a swing from the top? After it settled down from getting on it never moved again. Therefore all I had to do was shoot a 10" target at 55 yards. I took 10 shots but hit them all. When I say more mental han gamey I meant that simple physics in the understanding of how the swing works. I'm not trying to say anyone is ignorant. Just telling you my thought process.

Say's the guy who hit the 400+yard target FIRST shot with an RO's G17? , and the flashers across the lake with a pistol as well. :surprise:

Kirk , THANKS for a GREAT match, it's ALWAYS a pleasure working with you!

You don't suppose knowing he had to do that in the match he practiced that do you?

As a newcomer to 3 gun, I enjoyed gamming stages like stage 7. If I want to not think and just pull the trigger, I will go back to highpower shooting. Isn't the idea of this shooting sport doing what you have to do inside the rules that are set forth to finish with the quickest time?

/

I am interested in hearing the legal technique for the slug swing stage though. Wondering if you could put your feet down between shots? Thought about it after and can't remeber what the walk through said, I just sat down with my feet on the swing and shot but if I would have asked about putting my feet down in between to stabalize I would have done that. Mind games you say...

I too would like to hear this. Squad 5 was told we could NOT touch the ground with after we fired our first slug shot.

One MAJOR problem with stage 7 was that although the platform was included in the stage diagram, the rules specific to the platform were not mentioned in the written stage briefing. When I hear things like 'legal way to shoot it and minimize the swing' that make the shots basically the same difficulty as off-hand shots, my first thought is what was another squad allowed to do that we were not. Concise and consistent stage descriptions are crucial, especially on a stage like 7.

Except for 7, the stages were fun, and the prize table was good. I'll be back next year. Thanks to the RO's and match staff for the hard work.

When I shot it I did not touch the ground between shots or the Frame and chains. I sat in the middle left of the platform evenly distributing my weight on the chains and placing my shotgun near center. I sat on my knees and raised as high as I could under the frame. Have you ever tried to push a swing from the top? After it settled down from getting on it never moved again. Therefore all I had to do was shoot a 10" target at 55 yards. I took 10 shots but hit them all. When I say more mental han gamey I meant that simple physics in the understanding of how the swing works. I'm not trying to say anyone is ignorant. Just telling you my thought process.

Say's the guy who hit the 400+yard target FIRST shot with an RO's G17? , and the flashers across the lake with a pistol as well. :surprise:

You don't suppose knowing he had to do that in the match he practiced that do you?

I don't shoot my own match for score or prize table. So no I didn't practice it.

I am a witness, it was totally spur of the moment with no practice.

/

I don't shoot my own match for score or prize table. So no I didn't practice it.

Thanks again to the staff and sponsors. MANY thanks to The Shooters Source for making it possible for me. Squad 8 was awesome. Even though my squad shot stage 1, I did not include it in the video since the stage was thrown out later. I was 30th out 150+ in Tac Optics.

Really enjoyed shooting with you and all the Squad 8 guys again!

/

Then it was a great shot!

What a fun weekend! I got to spend time with some of my closest shooting buddies, shoot 3 gun for THREE days in a row, hang out with some of the best shooters in the world on the range and at the local watering hole, and to top it off got to walk a prize table!! It would have been worth it at twice the price.

A few observations from someone that enjoys this sport as a pure amateur:

The pros that were on my squad were very nice and approachable. I had numerous questions for them after they had shot their stage and they were very forthcoming in the information that they shared, whether it be about equipment, stage breakdowns, or even about how they balance family life and attending matches. Their demeanor at the match definitely put the companies that they wear on their shirts in a very positive light.

Stage 7 could have been improved upon. When designing the stage I am sure it probably seemed like it would be a great test of skills for all shooters. The only thing I would have changed about it would have been to make the slug targets worth bonus points to avoid the "take six 'aimed' shots and call it quits" plan. Unfortunately, once problems are observed at a match that are not safety related, it is next to impossible to go back and change anything without affecting the upcoming shooters, either positively or negatively.

Thank you so much to Kirk and all of the other volunteers that took so much time away from jobs, family, and life in general to put on a major match. I can barely begin to understand how much time would be involved in procuring the match site, getting insurance lined up, buying targets, planning stages, clearing out brush for the stages, setting up stages, running the match, and all of the other things that I have no idea about. All of that and not even getting to have fun by shooting the match.

Which brings me to my last observation/personal opinion...

When posting on a public forum, it would be in good taste to try to offer only constructive criticism regarding the running of a match or stage design. Discussing issues though private messages, in person, or through emails would be a better place to air grievances with the match staff. If you have concerns regarding safety, right then and there during the match is the time to bring them up, not the following week on a forum. Tearing apart a match put on by volunteers does nothing for the sport and only makes the authors look like________.

See you all next year!

Edited by Fathead302

What a fun weekend! I got to spend time with some of my closest shooting buddies, shoot 3 gun for THREE days in a row, hang out with some of the best shooters in the world on the range and at the local watering hole, and to top it off got to walk a prize table!! It would have been worth it at twice the price.

The pros that were on my squad were very nice and approachable. I had numerous questions for them after they had shot their stage and they were very forthcoming in the information that they shared, whether it be about equipment, stage breakdowns, or even about how they balance family life and attending matches. Their demeanor at the match definitely put the companies that they wear on their shirts in a very positive light.

Stage 7 could have been improved upon. When designing the stage I am sure it probably seemed like it would be a great test of skills for all shooters. The only thing I would have changed about it would have been to make the slug targets worth bonus points to avoid the "take six 'aimed' shots and call it quits" plan. Unfortunately, once problems are observed at a match that are not safety related, it is next to impossible to go back and change anything without affecting the upcoming shooters, either positively or negatively.

Thank you so much to Kirk and all of the other volunteers that took so much time away from jobs, family, and life in general to put on a major match. I can barely begin to understand how much time would be involved in procuring the match site, getting insurance lined up, buying targets, planning stages, clearing out brush for the stages, setting up stages, running the match, and all of the other things that I have no idea about. All of that and not even getting to have fun by shooting the match.

When posting on a public forum, it would be in good taste to try to offer only constructive criticism regarding the running of a match or stage design. Discussing issues though private messages, in person, or through emails would be a better place to air grievances with the match staff. If you have concerns regarding safety, right then and there during the match is the time to bring them up, not the following week on a forum. Tearing apart a match put on by volunteers does nothing for the sport and only makes the authors look like________.

See you all next year!

Well said!

See you all next year!

Well said!

+1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received an email last night from Misty. Match dates are 9/6-9/8

Well it is that time of year again, this is just a friendly reminder that registration for the 2013 Ozark 3-Gun Championship will begin on March 9th at 8pm CST. The O3G staff would like to invite you back to this year's match, we are looking forward to another great weekend of shooting in the rolling Ozark Mountains. Registration will be online at the match website www.forconquest.com. The website is your best resource to get the most up to date information. As always feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I look forward to working with you.

--

Misty D. Sadler

Im totally bummed cause I'm out. I gotta go to Utah. I would expect the top 4-5 guys from last year will be in Utah too.

Since all these majors are on the same weekend as the pro matches I guess you better sign up for the semi pro deal to see how you stack up since the ptos eont be at the majors for comparison.