Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoot'n Score It approved by USPSA

jenlu

SSI is approved by USPSA

Today on the 25th of Feb 2012 SSI was approved by the President of USPSA for official usage for Level 1 and Level 2 matches conditioned that the results was then exported over to EzWinScore and uploaded to uspsa.org.

This makes SSI the first complete online match organization service where you can handle match registration online, squadding, create stage, score stages and generate results and then export this to EzWinScore for upload to official USPSA match results.

Shoot'n Score It -- http://shootnscoreit.com

Out Facebook page with news -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shootn-Score-It/141161779263619

Our iPhone scoring app project -- http://fundedbyme.se/projects/2012/02/shootn-score-it-iphone-app/

Our twitter feed with match info automagically generated -- https://twitter.com/#!/ShootnScoreIt

Interesting. I'd like to learn more about this, but the cost to equip our club is around $2000! We run 7 stages all the time and I can't see running a match with 90 plus shooters without backups.

It is interesting that we seem to be reaching a point of critical mass in electronic scoring, Stage Score, Android, SHoot'n'Score and A.S.S.

We have choices and I expect that there will be a few more contenders. What I can say is electronic scoring is THE way to go. I wonder if the printers will work with Palms?

Interesting. I'd like to learn more about this, but the cost to equip our club is around $2000! We run 7 stages all the time and I can't see running a match with 90 plus shooters without backups.

It is interesting that we seem to be reaching a point of critical mass in electronic scoring, Stage Score, Android, SHoot'n'Score and A.S.S.

We have choices and I expect that there will be a few more contenders. What I can say is electronic scoring is THE way to go. I wonder if the printers will work with Palms?

Given that Shoot'n Score It is web based - there is no need to 'equip' your club with fixed PC's. You can simply bring in a few laptops with some form of

Internet connection for the match - or if you want some fixed computers at the club, again being web based you can simply get some old beaters

as there is no need for fast CPU, large RAM or... they can also run anything - mac, win, linux, .....

On back-up, we have been running the service now for more the 2 years and for many national championships with 200+ competitors and no incidents.

The overall advantage with a web/cloud service is that you do not need to take care or plan or train to restore from backup and keep some sw and hw

updated - so you are actually better of as far as risk goes with a web based service.

/ Jens

I was commenting on the fact that we'd need to have one timer per stage plus back up timers for potential equipment failure. That would equate to ten units or about $2,000.00 to set us up. Laptops etc. are not a problem. Is there a bulk purchase price available to a club?

SSI is approved by USPSA

Today on the 25th of Feb 2012 SSI was approved by the President of USPSA for official usage for Level 1 and Level 2 matches conditioned that the results was then exported over to EzWinScore and uploaded to uspsa.org.

This makes SSI the first complete online match organization service where you can handle match registration online, squadding, create stage, score stages and generate results and then export this to EzWinScore for upload to official USPSA match results.

Shoot'n Score It -- http://shootnscoreit.com

Out Facebook page with news -- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shootn-Score-It/141161779263619

Our iPhone scoring app project -- http://fundedbyme.se/projects/2012/02/shootn-score-it-iphone-app/

Our twitter feed with match info automagically generated -- https://twitter.com/#!/ShootnScoreIt

I may have missed it, but is there, or is there a future plan to add an option for Time Plus scoring for a Multi-Gun Match?

Thanks,

Steve

I may have missed it, but is there, or is there a future plan to add an option for Time Plus scoring for a Multi-Gun Match?

Can you drop me an email with example scoresheets, some info about Time Plus scoring or other - will try and get this done

but have never myself shoot a time-plus scoring stage so need details on what you need here.

jens@twostorysoftware.com

/ Jens

I was commenting on the fact that we'd need to have one timer per stage plus back up timers for potential equipment failure. That would equate to ten units or about $2,000.00 to set us up. Laptops etc. are not a problem. Is there a bulk purchase price available to a club?

Might be answering the wrong thing here - no need for any special timers except what you already are using.

We are trying to get done a free iPhone/iPad/iPod scoring app that can sync with SSI and then be used at ranges with/without Internet access done and

we have the spec, the API, the rough design and we are trying to crowd-fund this so we can offer this app for free. More details here;

http://fundedbyme.se/projects/2012/02/shootn-score-it-iphone-app/

mvh / Jens

Maybe it is I who is confused.

Isn't this the system that works off the Timer from Double Alpha?

I know there is also an Android App and of course the two Palm based systems.

How does SnS differ from Practiscore?

BB

Can you drop me an email with example scoresheets, some info about Time Plus scoring or other - will try and get this done

but have never myself shoot a time-plus scoring stage so need details on what you need here.

jens@twostorysoftware.com

/ Jens

E-mail sent - I've copied the email here, in case someone would like to add any more information.

Hello Jens,

The rules for Time Plus can be found in the USPSA Multigun rule book at the following link - http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2012_Multigun_Rules.pdf The Time Plus Rules are on page 23. Enhanced target values are also used in Time Plus scoring. Those rules can be found on page 29-30.

Perhaps the option for Enhanced Targets could be on the Stage Design page and their value could be added manually??

I've also attached a sample score sheet from our club.

Thank you for looking into this. I like the looks of the everything you've done so far.

Regards,

Steve Ting

Multi-Gun Rep - WNPL - www.wnpl.org

timeplusscoresheet.pdf

Maybe it is I who is confused.

Isn't this the system that works off the Timer from Double Alpha?

I know there is also an Android App and of course the two Palm based systems.

How does SnS differ from Practiscore?

BB

Shoot'n Score It (SSI) is;

- web based match organization service

- create stage

- online registration for shooters

- define stages

- score stages

- generate various reporst pdf/xls/email info to competitors...

- support latest rules of IPSC, USPSA, IDPA, Steel and PPC

- allows for create match shop... and take payments using PayPal to you

- approved now by USPSA and also various IPSC regions for official usage

SSI do support the following;

- you can use the CED 7000 Pro timer to import data from SSI, score stage and export results back to SSI

(but you can also print out detailed pdf sheets or use web for direct on SSI - the CED timer works great but it is

not mandatory, we do many matches just using pdf sheets - and the 'group' feature of SSI that allow you to have

many persons in parallal enter scores)

- you can export data from SSI to EzWinScore and/or WinMSS as needed (or just use SSI to generates

all results you need).

- we have an open API that any app can use (we are working on getting our own app out free for you but need help to

pay for various costs)

Differences;

EzWinScore - create match, score, generate results -- SSI same but also web online registration of shooters, match shop and some more

WinMSS - same as ExWinScore

Practiscore - app for scoring match, have not used it, still in beta, only USPSA, unsure if you can handle online match registrations and export to

EzWinScore as required by USPSA. Perhaps one of the developers can cut in here and help with info???

mvh / Jens

This is from personal experience:

EzWinScore:

- free to clubs; individuals need to buy

- define match

- create stages

- registration for shooters (v 4.08 can now import registration from 3rd party online registration)

- create mass mailings

- create file for USPSA online squadding

- define stages

- some details about USPSA classifiers known

- create score sheets

- create chrono sheets

- create shooter stickers/labels

- create USPSA activity reports that clubs need to submit.

- create match files for upload to USPSA.org

- create classifier files for upload to USPSA.org

- score stages

- score chrono

- support USPSA multi-gun

- supports Time plus scoring for multi-gun

- supports multiple computers entering scores

- supports importing scores from Palms scoring devices, and others that use the Palm scoring data format (like PractiScore)

- generate reports for match results...

- generate reports for match/division/category winners...

- support latest rules of USPSA

- used to be the only approved USPSA scoring program (See Rule 9.1.11)

PractiScore:

- free

- define match

- create stages

- registration for shooters

- squadding

- define stages

- score stages

- supports multiple devices entering scores

- generate reports for match results...

- generate reports for match/division/category winners...

- exports stages, registration, scores to EzWinScore for eventual upload of match and classifier files to USPSA.org

- support latest rules of USPSA

- Apple version has been released for several months now

- Android version in beta

- has received USPSA approval in the past for use in Level II matches for score collection

- has received USPSA approval for used this coming Area 1 match.

Edited by Skydiver

Actually, ezws is still the only approved scoring program, that is, it is the only program that may be used by the rulebook to calculate and produce official match results. You can "collect" results with a few different things, palms running stagescore or pss-score, iOS or Android devices running practiscore, and the CED timers. But they all must provide a way to get the data into ezws for actual calculation. The practiscore people are working to get their system approved for actual uploading of match results and classifier activity reporting, at which point it would become the 2nd uspsa-authorized "scoring" program.

I'm testing this out with one of our local IDPA matches and I have a few questions:

1. As the MD (person who set up the match) can I add shooters without setting them up with an account? i suspect i'll get a lot of walk-ons so I'll have name and e-mail but I don't want to spend the time setting up an account for them.

2. Is there a way for shooters to indicate if they are a certified RO/SO? At our local matches the squads run themselves and I need to make sure there are SO's on each squad.

Thanks,

If you are not currently doing online registration I can heartily recommend FormStack.com as a good online method of collecting data. You create your own form, embed it into your website, the shooters fill out the form, the data is collected online, you download the data, change a couple fields, remove a couple others and import the info into EZ for uploading to the Palms. We have several additional fields that we find useful: New Shooter? I've Shot, but am not a USPSA Member, Club Member (required by our club), RO/CRO status. We could add any number of additional fields and they can use conditional logic so that as an example if you select New Shooter, you will not see USPSA number, class, RO status.

This has reduced my pre-match workload by about 80%

We also have a auto-response email so that you get a quick confirmation of the info you sent in and also a link to print out your release form. This save us on paper and also the form is fillable online prior to printing so the legibility issue goes way down.

There are many additional feature available that we don't use, but others may. You can also run multiple forms. We have one up for membership information foro ur host club as well as our monthly match and we will probably run a third for the Section match this year.

Cost is about $100 per year. Pennies a shooter.