Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio stock 2 sear

Loki999

Hi all,

Does the stock 2 have a different sear than a stock 3?

On the Tanfoglio site, i can only find one kind of sear.

Does anyone know if the Tanfoglio competion sear sold bij Eric Grauffel is legal voor IPSC production class?

Because i can not find it on the tanfoglio site

Hi all,

Does the stock 2 have a different sear than a stock 3?

On the Tanfoglio site, i can only find one kind of sear.

Does anyone know if the Tanfoglio competion sear sold bij Eric Grauffel is legal voor IPSC production class?

Because i can not find it on the tanfoglio site

He told me the competition sear he has right now are for single action only, and yes, the sear on the stock 2 and 3 are different. Hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

the tanfoglio competition sear turns out to be a EGW sear. My gunssmit was not able to fit it in the stock 3 with the interuptor, and its not PDlegal and the firingpinsaftey had to be dismanteld.

Now i have the Deltahammer installed with interuptor and original sear, i have a terrible creep, like 5 mm.

Does anybody have tip for this?

5mm creep is a lot of creep. That can't just be due to the new hammer. Is the new interrupter dragging against the frame, or the against the bottom of the sear?

Or are you talking about the DA pull feeling rough?

Creep is usually used to describe what's felt as the hammer and sear are rubbing against each other. For that your, gunsmith should square up the face of the sear and the hammer hooks and then polish. For less creep, and a lighter trigger, change the interface angle.

I'd recommend the Henning Sear Pin, and the Henning Hammer Pin but that would make the gun illegal for Production since they aren't OFM parts. They will help tighten up the fit of the parts, though, and help with any feel of creep.

Another thing to help is to tighten the fit of the sear cage to the frame. Some people put in shims to do that.

Thanks Skydiver these are tips i can work with.

No i'm talking about the single action trigger. The Henning searpin is already in.

My gunsmith told me that Tanfoglio sears are softer than the hammers and if he recut the angle, the trigger won't last to long.

Youre right, i will take it out. I can order an oversized factorypin and have that fitted. But i dont think that will make a lot of difference. maybe i have to start looking for a stock 2 sear, because they also use the deltahammer. maybe the stock 2 sear hs a different cut as the stock 3 sear.

I thought your objective was to have a production legal gun. By having the Henning sear pin in, you aren't production legal anymore.

IPSC production legal...or USPSA production legal. I am pretty confident that in USPSA, you can do anything you want to the internals except remove a safety. IPSC rules forbid the use of aftermarket internal parts.

I was assuming that Loki999 was thinking IPSC Production legal because it seems to be mostly IPSC shooters who use the term "PD" to refer to Production, unlike USPSA shooters who use the term "Production" or "Prod". Perhaps my assumption was wrong.

My gunsmith told me that Tanfoglio sears are softer than the hammers and if he recut the angle, the trigger won't last to long.

Yes, the original Tanfoglio sears are softer. They are only surface hardened and once you break through that, a trigger job is only good for about a year or two. I think Henning has tried his hand at re-hardening the sear by heat treating them. Try sending him email to ask about it.

Supposedly the Stock 3 sear is much harder than the traditional sears that Tanfoglio has made in the past.

Personally, if I could get a trigger job to improve the current feel of the trigger, even knowing that it'll have to be re-done again a year or two later, I would go for it. No sense in living with with a crappy trigger.

You could case harden the sear after you set the angle. I looked into doing this, as my dad has case hardened a bunch of stuff. In the end I just got the EGW sear as it seemed an easier/better solution. Case hardening is fairly easy to do.

• 3 months later...

Update:

I put in a 13 pound hammerspring and a 11 pound recoilspring. Installed an extreme front fiber optic sight on the stock 3

I really hate the trigger, my gunsmith told me that because of the short mainspring the double action feels different from a shadow. Ok i can live with that. But the trigger has a terrible creep. I have been to 2 gunsmiths and they told me there is nothing they can do about it.

Last gunsmith improved the trigger a little but, but stil not even close to my shadow. I am not a fanboy but really unhappy with this gun

I have put the gun up for sale, because i need an crisp trigger.

Anyone have the same problems?

A friend of mine has Stock III w/c he took to a gunsmith here for a trigger job, after that I dry fired it and told him it sucks and he's better off getting the LSPA Complete Block, Delta Hammer, Interruptor, 15lb Hammer Spring and 11lb recoil Spring from Eric. After installation of the said parts with no polishing whatsoever, he could not be so happier. I also tested it out and it was fantastic. But still could not beat my CZ Shadow Limited out of the box :)

Does youre friends gun still have a little creep in it?

I orderd the same parts from Eric, exept the LSPA Complete Block. 2 gunsmiths told me that it is not possible to get it creepfree.

O and I also orderd the Tanfoglio matchsear that is actualy an EGWsear

The fist one put the parts in and the hammer fell half cock 1 in 10 triggerpulls. Then he put in the original sear and the delta hammer and the creep was very terrible.

I went to another gunsmith with a very good reputation, he played around for a but and the extra parts can’t be fitted. He put in al the original parts and now I still have some creep but a lot less. Could all this be because I did not order the LSPA Complete Block?

Yes, you should get the LSPA Complete Block, forget about the EGW Sear. Btw, my friend liked his trigger set up so much he bought another Stock III, but this time it's the Special model with the nickel finish, and we just ordered another set of the said parts :) Goodluck :)

Edited by Xander

I just received a mail from Eric G. he says he doesn't use the LSPAkit. He uses a single action sear, that is longer than da and makes the fist shot heavier but the singleaction better.

Thats does not seem to work for me because of the increased creep with the deltahammer, i will try the LPSAkit.

Thanks for all the help