Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Windows live mail

Clay1

I've always used Outlook Express and now I have Windows live mail. I want to create a group of people to whom I can email a monthly newsletter. I would like this group of contacts to be seperate from my other contacts. Is there a simple way for a non computer guy to set that up?

A link with directions would be cool. I'm not finding much and I'm just not figuring it out. Maybe the version that came with my computer doesn't allow this option and I need an upgraded program to allow this to happen?

Outlook Express was always the FREE Email client that shipped with Windows OS.

Windows Live is just another name for HOTMAIL, but from your Desktop. Windows Live is still a Beta version and not fully finished so many features are missing or undocumentated.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/132400/first_look_at_windows_live_mailreplaces_outlook_express.html

Personally I would just get Microsoft Outlook 2010, much easier to use, can easily setup a distribution list. A distribution list is based on people within your contacts. So you just create a new list, give it a name and then select the names from your contacts whom that go in that list.

That new Distribution List will show up in your contacts, so when you want to send out a newsletter to that list, you select the list and then send.

Cheers ....