Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manny Bragg's (Universal Pro shop) New Holster

Matt P.

My gun has come out of my CR Speed twice with the safety on and it jabs me in the leg when I squat or run as i set it in front of my hip bone. I was thinking about the DAA but after all the reviews of it not being as smooth if not drawn perfect or set up in the perfect angle plus for 200 bucks it still may need some tweeking I think I will give this a shot. Thanks for the review and posts.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one from Manny about a month ago once he got the left hand version in stock. I love it. It is the most secure race holster I have used. When the holster is locked, the gun is NOT coming out of the holster. When the holster is unlocked, it is still pretty secure. I was able to get it adjusted to my draw style and my draw times are the same as they were with a Safariland or CR Speed race holster.

The only caveat is that depending on how you adjust the crossbar, you may want to take a demel or something to the excess bar length as it does stick out from the holster.

I definitely recommend it. Its well made, very adjustable, and looks damn cool. It is going to be great for 3-gun too, given the retention capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Will this holster work for a G35? Are the magnets helpful at all with glocks through the synthetic frame?

Manny uses two grooved bars at the muzzle end of the holster for you to slide the rail into. I do believe that a long frame gun will work jut fine. I tried a buddy's G34 in mine and there was no difference in draw from my Open G17 frame. Can't say enough good things about this holster.

Just a note for those to consider.

I have the DAA. If you like the backstrap of your gun even with the top of your belt, buy a file or dremel tool.

I talked with Manny at the Open and if I had known of HIS holster I would have bought it instead of the DAA.

The DAA is a very good holster. I'm not knocking it. It is secure and I get a smooth draw. I just had to file on it to get my gun low enough. Not just me either. I know of a couple others that did the same.

Chris, when I ordered mine, I emailed Manny direct and didn't get any response. 3 days later I had a holster in the mail with an invoice for $189+shipping. I recently went on his website and paid for another one (2 weeks ago) and paid $189. Have you went one or both of those routes yet?

Vilas, really? Well, if you're ever in the area and I can peel away from the family, I'd love to shoot sometime. If you have a spare to lend and are serious, I certainly won't turn it down, but there isn't a rush as I haven't gotten the G35 yet.

• 4 months later...

The draw is very different than the RaceMaster. You do NOT need to draw straight up. You can draw at almost any angle and have it easily come out of the holster. It does not use tension to hold your gun, the magnets provide the stability allowing your gun to really rest free of resistance when not locked and it is very secure.

I have used the holster for almost a year now and I probably love it more today than when i first got it.

It is a good product.

The nice girl at Frank's range store showed me the new USA holster last saturday, complete with STI limited gun. It's a smooth easy draw and a strong hold when the lock is activated. To me it feels like it wants to jump out of the holster when unlocked, but looking at the youtube videos that seems to be wrong - just don't jump up & down and put upward momentum to the gun & you should be fine. I've used the magnetized/2-stage-lock Hogue Powerspeed holster (when i had an Open Glock) and several versions of Safariland and the old Ernie Hill Fast Track with 1.5" muzzle plug, also borrowed a Limcat holster for a match once - the feel of this USA holster with strongly magnetized rollers is unique from all those other holsters. Closest comparison would be the Safariland mag pouches with rollers.

I still like a holster that is secured at the muzzle - if someone was to make a version of the USA holster with a muzzle cup or plug, I would buy it; the older Finnish version had a U-shaped slide/frame retainer that looks interesting. For now I'll keep using my CR-Speed. The complaints about the security of the CR have to be weighed against what was available before the CR - no locks of any kind, with many people using Velcro walk-thru straps. If you look at the locking bar on the CR, you'll see that it locks most securely with the corner/tip directly over the middle of the release bar. If someone (CR, gunsmith, shooter, whoever) was to make a locking bar out of steel, then the release bar could only move a fraction of how it moves now with the OEM hard plastic which does flex by several millimeters if you yank on your locked gun.

Edited by eric nielsen

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had no idea that someone had embedded my video. I missed this thread completely until it was just pointed out to me.

I've used this holster for well over a year now. I started with the one that had the claw which retained the muzzle. I much prefer this model with the magnets. I got both versions direct from Finland, but the new ones obviously have the USA logo on them.

IMO it's the best holster I've used as far as functionality goes. Fit and finish has something to be desired.

• 5 years later...
8 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

Zombie thread.

Anybody heard of these things? Anybody still see them or use them?

Everglades is making a new and improved version, I have been using one for several months now.

http://www.evergladesammo.com/shooting-accessories/holsters/everglades-magnetic-race-holster.html

I saw that. You liking it? Tried any other holsters you would compare it to?
I have used the double alpha RM, Safariland 014 as well. It is my favorite. The draw is by far the smoothest of the three, the adjustments are easy to make and stay where you put them (cough DAA cough), and it is comfortable on my leg all day at the range.

1 minute ago, Gooldylocks said:
6 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

I have used the double alpha RM, Safariland 014 as well. It is my favorite. The draw is by far the smoothest of the three, the adjustments are easy to make and stay where you put them (cough DAA cough), and it is comfortable on my leg all day at the range.

Cough cough my RM stays adjusted just fine with some blue loctite.

10 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:
15 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I came across one of the originals, and it too some time to track down reviews and whatnot!

I have an Alpha X, but gun rattles badly in it (TSO), so probably won't go that route again. My buddy also has an Alpha X and an TSO. Both of our guns fit in his, but both rattle in mine. Meh.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I came across one of the originals, and it too some time to track down reviews and whatnot!

I have an Alpha X, but gun rattles badly in it (TSO), so probably won't go that route again. My buddy also has an Alpha X and an TSO. Both of our guns fit in his, but both rattle in mine. Meh.
EGA doesn't make a version for anything other that 2011s at this point. If your TS is wobbling in your DAA, you could buy a SP01 block and then fit it specifically to your trigger guard.

4 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:
6 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

EGA doesn't make a version for anything other that 2011s at this point. If your TS is wobbling in your DAA, you could buy a SP01 block and then fit it specifically to your trigger guard.

Actually, looking at holsters for a new gun for Major (tanfo),  TSO 9mm is going back into kydex for 3gun! 

But new gun possibly coming with the original Finnish version, and I had never seen one. In my searches I saw the Everglades and Manny Bragg.

Read mostly positive stuff about them. 

I have used the original one from Finland, then the 2nd generation from Finland. Never had issues with either really. The original had the muzzle holder loop which caused some marks on the finish of my Tanfos (after 10s of thousands of draws). The 2nd Gen with the magnets works great 

28 minutes ago, spideysteve said:

I have used the original one from Finland, then the 2nd generation from Finland. Never had issues with either really. The original had the muzzle holder loop which caused some marks on the finish of my Tanfos (after 10s of thousands of draws). The 2nd Gen with the magnets works great 

I believe your videos on Youtube where the first real info I found.

Thanks for posting them.