Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manny Bragg's (Universal Pro shop) New Holster

Matt P.

I wanted to share some photo's and accolades with Manny's new holster.

This is a unique holster as it address's the draw of the gun more so than any other holster I have seen or had. The lower photo shows a picture of 2 rollers BUT, they are magnetized which properly holds your gun in place which allows the wider tolerance around the trigger guard. the result is that no matter your angle of draw, the gun comes out and because there is no resistance, it feels like butter each and every time you draw.

My other holster brand would get caught up if you didn't draw it out perfect straight.

This holster has substance, the "feel" when you holster your gun is that of obvious substance and not plastic. there's nothing wrong with plastic, I just like the feeling of this better.

Similar locking style to other with same appearance and the lock is confident.

the other thing I like is that the positioning of the holster is easy and the locking it down is very nice as there 3 locking points for each position. It will never come undone accidentally.

I think it is a pretty cool holster and if you going to the Florida Open, check it out.

post-9204-0-22999000-1328452181_thumb.jp

post-9204-0-34811900-1328452194_thumb.jp

post-9204-0-64257500-1328452202_thumb.jp

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played with this at SHOT (he had some there). NICE HOLSTER! We've got a couple on order form him and honestly compared to the Ghost, DAA and the like this is beyond GOOD.....

They run about what a DAA runs and ordering - just send him an email or call.

Edited by domfort

I have a Ghost and don,t like the cheesey safety lever and plastic screws for ajustments.I was going to get a DAA but they have issues to.This looks like what I need could someone leave some more feed back.I am interested in one of these it looks good I like the rollers.

Edited by Joe139

Played with this at SHOT (he had some there). NICE HOLSTER! We've got a couple on order form him and honestly compared to the Ghost, DAA and the like this is beyond GOOD.....

They run about what a DAA runs and ordering - just send him an email or call.

So, how it compares with DAA? Also, is it 1911 type of guns only?

I would really email or call manny for a left hand version . I know he is making several models for different guns but ask him for the specifics.

As for a comparison to the daa, I have officially retired mine. I liked it but, if I didn't draw exactly right, it would get caught up.

The magnets with manny's prevent that. It really is a pretty nice holster. You just need to touch and try it. You will see what I mean.

Does the gun stay nice and secure (without wobble)?

Is this really better than the race master?

I was sold on getting a race master till I read this post

Thank you very much

Seems like a poor design from the pics, but would have to see one in person, before I'd even consider replacing my DAA Race Holster with one.

What do you feel is poor about it?

Seems like a poor design from the pics, but would have to see one in person, before I'd even consider replacing my DAA Race Holster with one.

What do you feel is poor about it?

Just going off the images here, seems like a ball joint would handle the rotational adjustments better and the design appears to be bulky, but again the pics are not of the best quality and seeing it in person might change my opinion.

I am not an expert by any means and my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt but 2 things concern me looking at the pictures.

The screw holding the hanger to the belt appear too long. Looks like you might scratch the hell out of your arm.

In my experience the more moving part you have on a piece of equipment the more things that can go wrong. If I bought one I would set it up the way I wanted it and loctite everything with the strongest loctite I could get.