Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Warranty Experience

I've heard all the great warranty stories about getting your machine rebuilt, I've even had Dillon = Gail and front counter crew (patience defined :cheers:),take great care of me on a few smaller parts I've worn out over the last two years on the 650 I "inherited" from my uncle. This was a first generation 650 that has loaded over 100,000 rds easily with basic upkeep and maintenance. Pretty impressive in itself. I finally started crushing primers a little too often and couldn't figure out how to fix it this time so I took the 650 in two weeks ago to have Dillon work it over. I also took in some of the new press arms with the grease Zerk fittings I had bought a while back to have them fitted while the press was rebuilt. Wow, the only thing I recognize is the tool head, dies and roller arm, everything else seems new. It now has the latest generation frame and who knows what else??? Simply one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. Good people with confidence in their products and understated world class service.

Thank you!!!

Edited by carbon9

This is why I did not bat an eye when ponying up the $ for my 650 a few days ago. I had looked over the other manufacturers, and they all make anything right that goes wrong or turns up wrong, but Dillon takes the extra step, and has a huge vocal userbase.

happyreloaderBlue.gif

You are right, Dillon's customer service is unparalleled. I purchaced a 550 at a gun show in Phoenix many years ago. It looked like a bunch of miss-matched & dirty parts more than a press so I dropped it off at Dillon in Scottsdale. 3 weeks later they sent me a fully assembled press (to Houston) with mostly new parts.

Two years ago I purchaed another 550. All of the parts were severely corroded and the press was binding. I didn't even assemble it. Left it in the same box that it was shipped to me in and shipped it to Dillon. Guess what...3 weeks later I received a press that was in perfect working order. They replaced nearly everything but the frame.

Now I have a 550, 650 & 1050. If there are problems then post to BE and a member or Dillon staff will help. Or pick up the phone an call them. Awesome :surprise:service and warrantee.

They do have good customer service on presses and dies and they're helpful when you need tech assistance. Its too bad when it comes to anything with a power cord- they shrug their shoulders and wring their hands and tell you its not their issue. Very disappointed when I had problems with a tumbler. I'll continue to buy presses and press accesories and dies from dillon, but never anything electrical again. Watch out for case feeders, trimmers, and tumblers.

They do have good customer service on presses and dies and they're helpful when you need tech assistance. Its too bad when it comes to anything with a power cord- they shrug their shoulders and wring their hands and tell you its not their issue. Very disappointed when I had problems with a tumbler. I'll continue to buy presses and press accesories and dies from dillon, but never anything electrical again. Watch out for case feeders, trimmers, and tumblers.

I understand where you are coming from but I wouldn't hold it against them until they start winding their own electric motors in house or doing precision scales and become known as Dillon Precision Electronics or Dillon Semiconductor :roflol: From a consumer point of view I would love to have everything covered under a lifetime warranty. From a manufacturer point of view, it would be hard to lifetime warranty another company's work especially if the company may no longer be in business at the time of exchange. Personally, I can accept the realistic limitations and would rather have Dillon doing what they do best instead stretching themselves too thin while trying to cover everything. Yes, I am becoming a Dillon fanboy after this experience but the press I took in had a non-Dillon billet tool head, Redding Comp Dies except for the powder measure, a powder baffle and the Uniquetek "locking" mechanism and they still took awesome care of me. I do have an original Dillon scale and case trimmer and do know when I finally take them in and exchange them, free of charge, the new ones will have only a 1 year warranty (still better then Sony). Such is life. YMMV :cheers:

I don't agree. When I bought a very used RF-100, I brought it into Dillon when I was passing through the area and they rebuilt it for me - granted, it was not FREE like when they rebuilt my used press, but I only paid for the new parts they put into the RF-100 so I was quite happy with that experience and of course with every other Dillon experience I have had.

Damn, that's AWESOME! I wish I lived close enough to take my press in with me. I hate to be without it for very long, but I may send mine in for service one of these days.

Glad it worked out great for you! :)

Chris,

I sent mine in for repair/maintenance since something had happened causing it to be incredibly hard to operate. They replace numerous parts and had it back in approx 7 days. Not too terribly long :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a Dillion guy for over 30 years (square deal and 550B)always great service. the SD just sent back for a rebuild in 2011. Best advice they gave me was to buy the spare parts kit, I could get my machine working now and call them and they would send out the replacement parts to put back in my bag. They do need to know the part broke and your not just ordering a spare part or they will charge you for the part. I think they keep track of parts that break so they can upgrade them if needed.

I need to send my 650 in too, starting to get crushed primers and can't figure it out, the loaded round chute is being held together with vice grips (weld broke awhile back, and the auto stop lever in the case feeder gave up the ghost long ago, causes a lot of back ups/jams or random brass casing droping on my head when the funnel is too full and I dont catch it first!!

Anybody give me an idea of what it cost to ship their 650 and case feeder back to Dillon cost? I absolutely love the machine, but she now needs attention and is acting up on me, getting a little frustrated. (All my fault, not the machines, I've been hard on it, lots of moves and time in storage)

Just got my 550 press back from Dillon too. After 15 years, it was time for a serious overhaul. The press was sent in along with my check for $67.95 and a two weeks later I had what looked like a new press. The receiept indicated that nearly $200 worth of parts were replaced.

They did keep my original Dillon shipping box though and sent me a new one. ;)

I spent $75 shipping my 650 back to them. They charged me $77 to look at it and return shipping. So they worked on it for $2! It was an older 650 I bought used and I'm not sure, but I think this is a new press. The paint is really bright and some of the machine cuts look new as well. I think $152 for a new press is great deal. And my problems are gone too!

Called today because I suspected my primer feed problem from my caliber conversion large to small primer was shipped with a large primer magazine tube instead of small. Asked the question if the small primer ID was suppose to be smaller than large primer tube and got the half smart @$$ response "yeah that's why they call it small primer". Oh im sorry Maybe I shoulda already known the answer but when it was shipped like that how am I suppose to know. Long story short they are shipping a new magazine tube Monday. I'm satisfied thus far.

I called recently regarding having primer issues with both my 550 and 1050 and was informed it would cost me $352.95 to go through them. :surprise:

I think I'll wait a few days and hopefully reach someone whos voice doesnt reflect how long a week it had been. :rolleyes:

Seale,

If you have a machine, and it is in need of cleaning & lubrication,and don't wish to perform this maintanence yourself, we do charge a fee of $67.95 for the RL550, and $185.00 for the 1050 for that; this includes return shipping in the lower 48 states. If you have a mechanical problem you are unable to correct, and the machine needs to be sent in, then the 550 is no charge; the 1050, if over one year old, will incur charges for any parts that need to be replaced. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Seale,

If you have a machine, and it is in need of cleaning & lubrication,and don't wish to perform this maintanence yourself, we do charge a fee of $67.95 for the RL550, and $185.00 for the 1050 for that; this includes return shipping in the lower 48 states. If you have a mechanical problem you are unable to correct, and the machine needs to be sent in, then the 550 is no charge; the 1050, if over one year old, will incur charges for any parts that need to be replaced. I hope this clarifies things for you.

^^^ Yes, it does. Thanks.

I bought an older 2nd hand 550 that started to give me fits with the priming system. sent it to Dillon, about a week later I got the press back. they rebuilt the entire lower half including the priming system. kind of surprised to hear some of the negative comments about their customer service as I've had nothing but fast friendly service the few times I've had to call them. keep up the good work.

I absolutely love my new 650 btw :wub:

Edited by blaster113

• 1 month later...

Well i just got off the phone with gary from dillon. i somehow broke my primer indexing arm and it really gouged the camming surface. i sent in a email with pics but it got kicked back to me undeliverable wth.but gary pulled through and is gettin me up and runnin again. thanks dillon for good service. this is how u.s. car manufactures used to be.maybe they need to look at the way dillon provide customer service.

I bought a blue a tear ago because I read so much about their no bs warranty. Being a newbie to this reloading I have had questions they gave me answers. I had one broken part, had new part 3 working days later. So buying my press was one of my better life buys. The best thing about a great warranty is a great product that doesn't need the warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to their great warranty another thing I like about dealing with Dillon is the courtious attitude of the folks you speak to when you call. They always take the time to listen when discribing a problem and will make every effort to solve any problem you have or answer questions about products.