Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 American?

Sthrngnr

I sold my M2 tactical, and I'm looking to buy a M2 field and have noticed Dicks sporting goods sells an American model that is priced well below what other M2's are priced.

It seems the only difference is the American model doesn't come with the comfort tech stock, shim kit, and only 3 chokes. I am wandering if spending the extra money is worth it.

This has come up several times. Some it's better but others, not so much. I have a M1, no ComfortTech, and an M2 with the ComfortTech stock. I really can't tell a big difference but my gunsmith tells me it's a world of difference. This just seems like such a subjective matter that you really have to try them both out and see what you think. I know the price difference is pretty significant so if it was me doing it all over again, I would go with the American version. Do you have others you shoot with that can let you try theirs out? That would be the best method to see what you like...

i think its subjective also, but having shot a M1 without and my M2 with comfort tech stock side by side, same ammo (rem sure shot heavy dove 1255fps #7.5), IMO the comfort tech does add a measure of recoil reduction. i dont regret the purchase.

I wonder where the real difference lies....in the Comfortech stock or the much superior recoil pad that comes on it. My non-comfortech M2 Tactical came with this ridiculously hard pad. I can tell you that the Comfortech pad snaps right onto the standard stock as I replaced mine with one, and based on my shooting of both of them I think the largest benefit is the pad itself.

I wonder where the real difference lies....in the Comfortech stock or the much superior recoil pad that comes on it. My non-comfortech M2 Tactical came with this ridiculously hard pad. I can tell you that the Comfortech pad snaps right onto the standard stock as I replaced mine with one, and based on my shooting of both of them I think the largest benefit is the pad itself.

Great point! I forgot, I had my gunsmith replace the pad on my M1 to a Limbsaver model so I'm not comparing a standard, non-ComfortTech stock to my M2. Again, I shot them both side-by-side also and noticed very little difference. Some difference but is that worth hundreds of dollars for that? That is for each shooter to decide...

I had the same debate a couple years ago when I bought my M2. After much soul-searching, I went with the $1,200 M2 with ComfortTech. To me, that was the only way to be ultimately happy with such a big purchase.

The $300 difference in price closes up rather quickly when you need to pay to have the American model's barrel cut-down to 21" and re-threaded, then buy a new squishy recoil pad.

As these guys said though, it's up to each shooter to make that decision. This was just my experience. Good luck!

I went to order a comfort tech model , and found an American model for a price I couldn't pass up(on sale),and i didnt want to wait almost a month for the comfort tech model. Thanks for all of the input .

I sold my M2 tactical, and I'm looking to buy a M2 field and have noticed Dicks sporting goods sells an American model that is priced well below what other M2's are priced.

It seems the only difference is the American model doesn't come with the comfort tech stock, shim kit, and only 3 chokes. I am wandering if spending the extra money is worth it.

I work at Dick's Sporting Goods and I have pulled this gun apart trying to find any other difference than the stock, but everything APPEARS to be identical to my "italian" M2. Worse comes to worst you can buy the Benelli Comfortech stock as an accessory, and install it. It won't be factory fresh but you'll have the "italian" M2.

• 3 weeks later...

I work at Dick's Sporting Goods and I have pulled this gun apart trying to find any other difference than the stock, but everything APPEARS to be identical to my "italian" M2. Worse comes to worst you can buy the Benelli Comfortech stock as an accessory, and install it. It won't be factory fresh but you'll have the "italian" M2.

Thanks for peering inside one to do a comparison :) Came across this while looking into thoughts on the American model.

Edited by splitime

Get the American and spend $100 on the factory gel pad and you probably can't tell the difference. You'll save $250-$300 doing it that way too.

I have the American and don't think the recoil is too bad as is, I'm considering getting the gel pad just for comparisons sake and if it doesn't make much difference I'll sell the pad and get most of my money back on it. Win-win if you ask me.