Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scrap live round boxes/cans?

remoandiris

Anyone's range have scrap live round boxes/cans? If so, how about posting a pic of them and how they're mounted.

I'm looking for something like a coffee can that can be installed on a metal fence post. Also need a way that it can easily be dumped.

Thanks in advance.

Our club uses a lockable "fire cabinet" (to keep the curious hands of the young'ns away from live rounds). It is probably 18x18x36(T) in.

There is a 3 or 4 inch PVC pipe on top that acts as the input hole. There is a 90d elbow on top of the pipe, to help keep water out. It looks like a periscope.

I was at a range recently that the live round box mounted to the Safe Table.......yep, I meant to go back and get a picture of it, but I forgot to. Paint them red and mount them in the bays/lines, but not at the safe table.

One range I went to has a small metal box that is mounted to a magnet on the wall. the range uses the magnet to test for "steel core" ammo and it also holds the live round box too! :)

To empty it, you slide it off the magnet, dump it, and then stick it back on the magnet. Simple and effective.