Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GRSC 1-6x24 now on the market

OPENB

I've been examining my options and this is one of the few I keep (re)considering. A few follow-up Q's since some of you have probably had this one for a while:

1) Reticle: Do you ever find the reticle too busy, or once you get used to it do you find it pretty intuitive and quick to use?

2) Use as a Red Dot: How does it work at 1x w/ both eyes open for use more-or-less as you'd use a red dot?

3) Battery Life: Not the biggest deal, however considering it is meant as more of a service-type optic and you apparently need a tool to change the battery, I'm wondering how long the battery lifespan seems to be.

4) Durability: I'm not going to play basketball with it, however with only a 2-year warranty I'd like some assurance they're holding up well.

5) Green?: I've seen some pics of the GRSC (maybe the Korean 1-4x, not sure) where it had a green reticle. Is that an option for the 1-6x?

6) Precision: I know it's more of a quick-acquisition optic. Just wondering, how precise IS it at 300 to 500 or 600 yards relative to something like an AccuPoint or Vortex or more precision-based reticle?

-Cheers

1. Reticle is awesome and very intuitive.......it is easy to learn and I often have people shooting at my range at 300yds and have never shot a rifle ever.

2. Not reddot....think more like the Leupold Prismatic. The reticle is a good dark black and looks like a dot with both eyes open on 1X. I only use illumination when overcast, early AM, or late PM.

3. Not an issue and with my 1-4 X it actually carries a spare battery under the elevation and the windage nobs.

4. I have been using my scope for 3 plus years (Korean 1-4) and I throw my gun around like the tool it was designed to be. Still holds zero and looks like it is still in great condition.

5. Red and Green.....3 brightness levels for each with an "off" between each of the brightness levels.....at least on the 1-4X.

6. You zero the scope at 100yds as it was intended.....it is designed form 855 ammo ballistics, but I have found 193, Prvi 68 gr match, reloads, and pretty much all ammo to be close enough for the reticle to work and I have hit to 430 yds personally.

Hope that helps you make your decision.

Phillip

1. Reticle is awesome and very intuitive.......it is easy to learn and I often have people shooting at my range at 300yds and have never shot a rifle ever.

2. Not reddot....think more like the Leupold Prismatic. The reticle is a good dark black and looks like a dot with both eyes open on 1X. I only use illumination when overcast, early AM, or late PM.

3. Not an issue and with my 1-4 X it actually carries a spare battery under the elevation and the windage nobs.

4. I have been using my scope for 3 plus years (Korean 1-4) and I throw my gun around like the tool it was designed to be. Still holds zero and looks like it is still in great condition.

5. Red and Green.....3 brightness levels for each with an "off" between each of the brightness levels.....at least on the 1-4X.

6. You zero the scope at 100yds as it was intended.....it is designed form 855 ammo ballistics, but I have found 193, Prvi 68 gr match, reloads, and pretty much all ammo to be close enough for the reticle to work and I have hit to 430 yds personally.

Hope that helps you make your decision.

Phillip

Thanks for the input. After further reading and consideration, I think I'm sold. I'm just going to save up after a recent/unexpected trade/purchase and then get one. Which mount are you guys using (normal or extended)?

-Cheers

Same here, if anyone knows anything about it running in 3G, please let us all know. Thanks

I have both, and I have been using them for 3G all the time, when I was looking for an optic that would "do" it all? i was apprehensive in finding one.

I am a Police Officer for a major PD and was thinking of buying one for work and then using the same thing for 3G, UNFORTUNATELY! our DRM (designated Rifle Man) program WILL NOT allow powered optic! so i have an aimpoint Comp 2 on my patrol rifle.

I found the 1x4 and tried it out on my Patrol Rifle upper and participated in the 3G shoot in "Pueblo west Colorado" we were shooting at various known and unknow distance targets, the fartest was less than 300 yds but pretty close to it. before our team shot the event i went to "zero" my rifle, took off the aimpoint and then placed the 1x4 with a LT mount. bullets were winchester white box 55 gr bullets. i remember talking to Mr. Verdugo and he said that the reticle was based on the SS109 bullets for the military... (so i said to myself while i was zeroing the 1x4."here goes nothing") to my surprise, got zeroed at a 100 with 5 tries, shot a couple more to confirm and then tried the 200 which was only to the left of the 100 yard targe placed the corresponding dot and "ting" with one shot! needless to say that "zeroing" session was more of sounds playing "tak" (for a hundred target) and "ting" (for the 200 yard). i was even impressed at my shooting because (it was benched)my trigger cadence started to quicken as the afternoon progressed. i tried a couple of standing free hand shooting, ( i wont lie.. i missed some (shooter error of course)) but when i slowed down and saw the dots on target it was the same tune again of tik and ting... SWEET!

will it hold zero? if any one here in the thread knows the guys that put up that 3g match in Pueblo West colorado? they will tell you that its a BLAST! the match was nicely planned and the stages were challenging. the last stage was the one with the "unknown" distances. consisting of round steel targets that i didnt know how big the targets were. i again remembered the conversation with Mr. Verdugo and "viola" range em in the corresponding ranging circles? use the corresponding circles? BANG! down they went! two gruelling days of 3G high altitude (for a Filipino/texan) known and unknown targets... YES it HOLDS ZERO!

I'd also like to mention that I am in no way a "pro" at optics.. when i ventured out to 3G and was looking for an optic to use, i found GRSC and 1x4 was a "no brainer" it was easy to use! the reticle was not "busy" and worked!

when the 1x6 came out? it was the first and still stays on my "benny hill" 18 and a half inch 3G AR. i shot this set up in the 2011 Larue multi gun! stage 6 or 7? the bonus stage and again i was using the winchester white box 55 gr bullets! (Lord heard my prayers because the wind was minimal when i went to shoot that stage)

targets were 1 MOA and every hundred yard the target increased 1MOA. all were known targets 100, 200, 300, 400 and 480ish yards. I went to my positions and bang! RO was yelling HIT! after HIT! after HIT! the BDC was dead on! the last target 480ish gave me a problem (if you know that range, you know what im talking about) WIND!!! (I took 4-5 bullets to hit it but HIT it i did! with a WW white box!? from Walmart!! :) i was ecstatic! even barry dueck of surefire was watching through a high powered spotting scope, after i shot the stage he said "dude your group was like this" (making a roughly 7 inch circle with his hand,fingers) i was pumped!

Yes it does hold Zero and I am using this optic to all my matches, regular and or major ones!

Can I see the reticle on a bright day? YES with or without illumination, if you see me on the range, just ask, i have been showing it to other shooters so that they will "believe" that this reticle is "easy" even a caveman can do it :) and can be seen (not illuminated) during daylight

as always "make the hit and shoot safe"

MM

Wow what a compelling testimonial. :eatdrink:

• 1 year later...