Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

why do you shoot the division you shoot?

steviesterno

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limited because that's where all the competition is at locally. It's also the most fun division I've shot in as far as stage strategy is easy and you can focus more on the shooting aspect of the sport.

• 3 months later...

Switched back to SS but now I shoot minor. I shot production with a Glock for a bit and did ok. I prefer the 1911 platform for competition and carry a Glock, though I have been known to carry the 1911.

Sent from my rotary dial phone

Edited by mknpwr

wow, saw this thread from a year ago and re-read it. I was going on about how fun it was to shoot a 3 gun match with 10 round mags. Well, the 3 gun bug bit me hard. 10 rounds won't do, so I'm running a 6" limited 40 in 3 gun with great results. still loving that single action trigger, but running and shooting without reloading sure is a hoot :cheers:

Production.

Because it stresses every last skill in our sport, I figure if you get really good in this Division, you'll be pretty damn good at the others if/when you make a switch.

Accuracy? Check. Mag changes? Check. Stage breakdown? Check. More accuracy? Triple check.

I've also found it to be very challenging and demanding, with a pretty large pool of excellent competitors at local, state, area, National and International levels. Plus it's a blast.

Production.

Because it stresses every last skill in our sport, I figure if you get really good in this Division, you'll be pretty damn good at the others if/when you make a switch.

Accuracy? Check. Mag changes? Check. Stage breakdown? Check. More accuracy? Triple check.

I've also found it to be very challenging and demanding, with a pretty large pool of excellent competitors at local, state, area, National and International levels. Plus it's a blast.

Why not go revolver then? :eatdrink:

Yea not for me either. +1 on your reasons for Production

I shoot 'em all. Well, except Open, because that's the only one I don't have a gun for (just made A class Open w/ my limited gun though!). I've fired a few shots from a couple of open guns and just...didn't care for it. I always considered SS my place, with revolver in second, but then I got my 2011 and I'm not sure anymore...time to put the 2011 away and bust out the 625 for the winter season.

I like to change divisions about twice a year. I know, it's probably not the best route to GM, but it's fun that way. Production is my least favorite division, I just like single action triggers (somehow revolver is OK though) and dislike polymer guns (somehow 2011s are good though). I like how cheap 9mm ammo is though. Maybe I should get an open gun, it may be expensive but at least the bullets are cheap!

I still have a full head of hair, and as I always quip, I'd be tearing it out by the handful while reloading a wheelgun after the buzzer...

I can see myself sprinting down range with moon clips flying all over the place, and cloud of obscenities trailing behind me...

I still have a full head of hair, and as I always quip, I'd be tearing it out by the handful while reloading a wheelgun after the buzzer...

I can see myself sprinting down range with moon clips flying all over the place, and cloud of obscenities trailing behind me...

With your stage win medal flying behind you and your hair blowing in the wind!

• 2 weeks later...

Production

I love the challenge of shooting a "stock pistol" with iron sights and no huge magwell. I also like the challenge of trying to break down a stage with reload points. On some occasions when I can beat out higher classed Open & Limited guys, I have to admit it is a huge thrill.

When I switch to another division in the next year or two, I will switch over to Single Stack for the same reasons.

:)

I bounced from limited to single stack to L10 and back to limited. I used to compete in whatever class my buddies were in for direct competition. Then I purchased a CZ SP01 that Matt Mink had done a trigger job on. What an amazing gun. I now only compete in production and have since purchased a second backup duplicate of the SP01. Having a lot of fun in production and the best shooters at our local club are in production. I guess I go where the deep end of the pool is (locally at least)

(just made A class Open w/ my limited gun though!)

What a badass!

I shoot Limited because I fell for the Tactical Sport the first time I shot it; I just sent the slide off to fat camp, so I'm going to be shooting Production with my Jericho this month... We'll see how that transition works.

Already I find myself selling off guns that don't fit into one of the divisions, I see myself with a gun for each division one day (Single Stack is going to be tourture!).

• 2 weeks later...

Open - Cause like Ricky Bobby said, "I wanna go fast."

Limited - It's fast too and that's what I use in 3-Gun

Production - That's what I carry so I want to be proficient with it

SS - It's the classic, it's a challenge, it makes me want to go fast again

3-Gun - The only thing better might be 4 gun, or maybe sex