Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New limcat single stack

waxman

Just received the pics of my new single stack built by Limcat custom. Obviously it is a functional work of art, and downright sexy, But I have some concearns. First off do you guys think I should be concearned about the cuts in the slide being SS legal? I think the rule reads " Slide lightening, cuts, ports, or any milling deemed to provide a competative advantage" is prohibited. Secondly, the gun with empty mag weighs 42.9 oz, Is this too close? Any advise, or experience would be appreciated. Thank you.

post-10856-0-33677300-1322187404_thumb.j

Edited by waxman

The back of the grips can be hollowed out to loose some weight. Did the frame window under the grips get opened up? If not they can be opened up and get a good weight cushion so you don't have to worry about being over. The only other thing is to checkout the length of the dust cover rail to see if it is legal.

Rich

Thanks for all of the kind words. I am biased, since I picked out the options on the pistol, But I think it is the prettiest 1911 I have ever seen. Update on the slide cuts, John Amidon, gave it his blessing, and said there was no "competative advantage", just decoration. Rich, The material has already been taken out of the grip area of the frame. I will hollow out the back of the grip pannels to give a little more leeway. Beavertail, I think Johnny quoted me 12 weeks on this pistol, There were a few delays on that,but it was not his fault. There was a wait on the davidsons grips, and the SV magwell. Jake, Johnny Lim mentioned that when I voiced my concearn about the pistol being single stack legal.Finally Jimmcc, I know what you mean, My first competition pistol was a SV sightracker, I was cerain it was the most beautiful gun in the world, Until Jonny Lim introduced me to his wildcat series. About 14k trouble free rounds later, The only thing better then the way a limcat looks, is the way they run.

This is in fact a stainless caspian frame and slide recon model, I believe. Johnny let me choose any brand I wanted, but kinda steered me in the caspian direction. I figured he is the pro, so I would go with that. Usually SS limcat pistols will have the name "companion" On the right side of the slide, but since it is the 100 year anniverary of the 1911, I went with the 1911-2011. Stamp. Other features are the Davidsons lizzard g10 grips, KKM gain twist barrel, Koenig hammer with Limcat lionhead, instead of hollow, Infinity magwell, After extractor, bomar type sights, and Johnny signatue slide cuts. I should be receiving it this week, I cant wait to hold it.

About 18 weeks, I will probably add a aluminum guide rod just to be on the safe side. I have seen people mention titanium rods, but I cant seem to find if they are lighter, or heavier then aluminum, or the cost for that matter.