Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

B & P Slugs

outerlimits

I switched to them a while back due to the same reaction. I couldnt believe how accurate they were or how soft they shoot. I need to shoot some more of them tho as the last time I shot them, I had some feeding issues with my M1. I have since made some small mods to the gun and things should be smoothed out with feeding, so the B&Ps need another test.

They dont have enough pop to cycle an 11-87 found out... :sight:

Okay, I have now heard about these B&P slugs too many times, so I ordered some. Found them at Dillon Precision. Any other suppliers out there I should keep in mind...?

I'll be running them in an M2. So far, no problem with other low recoil slugs (Rem and Federal mostly), except for lousy accuracy. Here's hoping I have a better option in time for FNH!

went to foul the gun and recheck zero. decided to bring along a couple boxes of B&P slugs. GEEEZZZUUSSS! these things are scary accurate.

anyone need a case of fiocchi slugs?

Last time I went to check my slug zero I shot 3-4" 5-shot groups at 100y, so I'd be more than happy to buy them Fiocchis from you :)

II bought a case of them awhile back, and the accuracy and lack of recoil is nice. However, they foul the first third of my 870 barrel so badly that I don't shoot them much. It took a drill motor and a brush to clean it out, and I got a huge pile of blue plastic and lead out of it. Be interested to hear whether y'all are seeing anything similar.

Also interested to hear if they cycle that M2. Wouldn't cycle the two 1100s that I tried.

Also interested to hear if they cycle that M2. Wouldn't cycle the two 1100s that I tried.

They work in my Salient M2 as well as my bone stock 14" M2, but I've heard otherwise from a couple other people. Best to bum a few to try before ordering a bunch. Occasionally they go on sale for $100/200, or at least they did once.....

went to foul the gun and recheck zero. decided to bring along a couple boxes of B&P slugs. GEEEZZZUUSSS! these things are scary accurate.

Last time I went to check my slug zero I shot 3-4" 5-shot groups at 100y, so I'd be more than happy to buy them Fiocchis from you :)

4" at 100? you are a god!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried these in a Saiga? Just wondering how well they would feed. Looks like the roll crimp is short and there is a lot of hull between the slug and the end of the crimp. The rounds with short roll crimps have failed me in the past.

Has anyone tried these in a Saiga? Just wondering how well they would feed. Looks like the roll crimp is short and there is a lot of hull between the slug and the end of the crimp. The rounds with short roll crimps have failed me in the past.

The B&Ps fed ok in my R&R Saiga, I used several hundred of them, but they were light enough that they did not always cycle reliably. I use Fiocchi 7/8 Aeroslugs now, pretty accurate and enough power to cycle every time.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

What is B&P never heard of them. Slug choices are limited up here in Alaska. How accurate were they?

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

What is B&P never heard of them. Slug choices are limited up here in Alaska. How accurate were they?

Pat

Baschieri & Pellagri - Italian company that makes shotgun ammo. Lots of Olympic medals in the clay sports.

Very high quality but the hulls are not the best for reloading so they are not as popular here but I love them.

B&P USA Web site

Sold here by the same people that import VV powders - Kaltron Outdoors.

Wow... I ordered 50 of them a few weeks back and finally got to try them out of my M2. First three rounds, standing off-hand at 50yd, grouped in a palm print. The group was about 4" right of bull, so I tweaked my rear ghost ring and the next shot went right through the bullseye.

Then I turned to my g/f's M2. The grouping was even better...but the last shot hung up on the carrier and had to be forced up by hand. The springing of her gun seems to a bit different than mine; she's never had a failure-to-feed at a match, but it seems like she ends up needing to manually push the carrier down every now and again, and a little more often since I put the welded C-Rums carrier in. May need to shave a bit of length/weight off that carrier for her M2 to be reliable with these babies...