Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P220 SAO (as single stack)

elife3p

Can anyone confirm or deny that a Sig P220 single action only can or cannot be used in single stack in USPSA?

Don't be a stranger to the rules

APPENDIX D5 — Single-Stack Division

Special conditions:

Only 1911 production type pistols. Must be available to the general public and have their basis in the original 1911 service pistol as designed by John M. Browning. Pistols made from components that duplicate the factory originals are acceptable. Frames must be metal.

Wide45 thanks for attaching Appendix D5. I had already read it and that is where my question originated since the Sig p220 is a John Browning design same as the M1911a1.The following paragraph illustrates this fact.

Design

The P220 operates by the locked breech short-recoil method pioneered by John Browning. On firing, the slide and barrel are locked together until, after a few millimetres of rearward movement, the barrel is cammed down at the rear after the pressure has dropped enough when the bullet has departed the barrel, whereupon the slide completes the rearward stroke ejecting the spent cartridge. The frame is of forged alloy with a hard-anodised coating. While designed for ease of production, the SIG 220 series is of the highest quality and there is no compromise in durability or functionality compared to pistols produced using more traditional methods.

The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked.

Even though it may be based on a Browning design, it still does not meet the primary criteria of being a "1911 production type pistol". Not too familiar with the P220, but I think it may be closer to a Hi-Power than a 1911 anyway, both Browning designs.

• 8 years later...