Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to : First Person video and PIP for shooting using Hatcams.

Recorded a short video upon request from my friends about how to properly mount the Contour HD camera (or any other camera) and record high-quality cool first-person shots. Feedback welcome!

Great video, Thank you!

I've been wanting to do some video of shooting and riding dirt bikes and this definitely helps. I had been debating between the Go Pro and Contour cameras and I think I'll try the Contour after watching this.

Greg

• 2 months later...

Great video, Thank you!

I've been wanting to do some video of shooting and riding dirt bikes and this definitely helps. I had been debating between the Go Pro and Contour cameras and I think I'll try the Contour after watching this.

Greg

I love the price of the GoPro and it's video quality, but the physical shape of it does not lend itself to mounting on or close to your POV

Thanks for the informative video. I've toyed with the idea of recording my shooting mainly because I need to see where I can improve. I'd love to see a wearable video recorder that would sit inline with your dominate eye and allow you to look through it, maybe one day.

I love the price of the GoPro and it's video quality, but the physical shape of it does not lend itself to mounting on or close to your POV

After watching this video, I'm sold on the Contour line.

• 6 months later...

Interesting post and a very informative video. Thank you for taking the time to post this.

I am a novice video guy but I have a couple questions:

1. Can you feed the raw video directly from the camera? In other words, is the Adobe software needed to feed the input or is it just for editing purposes?

2. Can the Conture be utilized for Skype video chat as well? ( I have a new grandson over in Tampa)

• 1 month later...