Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoot'n Score supports CED 7000 Pro timer

jenlu

Shoot'n Score It is now support the CED 7000 Pro timer for IPSC/USPSA and Steel Challenge for importing/exporting match and scoring info.

You can create the match, stages, allow competitors to register on the web. Then you simply export the match information file to one or more CED 7000 timers and use these as RO on the stages and record the scores. Then you partially or when completed upload the scores to Shoot'n Score It again and generate the results.

This takes away the manual entering of score sheets as RO and the duplicate manual entering them into your scoring software.

In essence -- saves lots of time and reduces the risk for manual error as it reduces the steps needed to enter results.

To use this for a match - click on 'reports and score sheets' - 'CED 7000 Pro' and follow instructions.

http://shootnscoreit.com

/ Jens

Okay, that's good and interesting, but how do you import the competitors' stage data (hits, penalties, time(s)) into ezwinscore?

Currently investigating how the next release of EWS that will handle imports can allow for this.

With previous versions of EWS it turned out possible but to be large effort and would require developing

a separate windows program to install that would perform the actual update of database file of EWS.

This together with doing WinMSS integration and CED Timer integration has taken all spare time

during the summer but now the time :-) has come to EWS !

mvh / Jens

Well the modifications planed for EWS would only allow for importing competitor names and particulars (class, division, category, etc) from a tsv or csv file generated from an online registration system. It will do nothing (that I know of!) for importing actual entered scores from an external source other than a 3rd or 4th hand Palm running USS-score or stagescore.

I assume that since the CED is built around IPSC rules where the "Classic" has lost the "B" that we will either simply score B's as C's (Same Points) or we CED will build a USPSA model. Looks liek a really nice idea, I'd like a package price for 10 timers, 10 printers and the PC interface program when available.

I assume that since the CED is built around IPSC rules where the "Classic" has lost the "B" that we will either simply score B's as C's (Same Points) or we CED will build a USPSA model. Looks liek a really nice idea, I'd like a package price for 10 timers, 10 printers and the PC interface program when available.

We discussed these issues in the CED7000 Pro thread here: www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136220

It seems DAA is at least receptive to these concerns and looking in to EZWS support.

Well the modifications planed for EWS would only allow for importing competitor names and particulars (class, division, category, etc) from a tsv or csv file generated from an online registration system. It will do nothing (that I know of!) for importing actual entered scores from an external source other than a 3rd or 4th hand Palm running USS-score or stagescore.

Uhh the files dropped into the directory for palm scoring are pretty basic text files. I've created them by hand. It wouldn't be too hard to make an application that just dropped files of that format in a directory you tell ezwinscore is there for a palm. That a palm wasn't used to generate that file is kind of irrelevant.

Uhh the files dropped into the directory for palm scoring are pretty basic text files. I've created them by hand. It wouldn't be too hard to make an application that just dropped files of that format in a directory you tell ezwinscore is there for a palm. That a palm wasn't used to generate that file is kind of irrelevant.

Could you send me PM with some of these file if you have any around. Would like to see what can be done, might be a way for Shoot'n Score It to interop with EWS.

/ Jens

It's relevant if you're a stickler for the rules. 9.11.1 says in part: "PDA’s or handheld computers may be used for the collection of scoring data for transfer to ezWinScore, provided the program and procedure has been approved by the USPSA President." At a level 1, I doubt anyone would care, but it won't fly for an area or national match.

It's not a matter of being a stickler for the rules. Even for a lvl1 match, you have to be able to create the webfile.txt file to upload results and also create the classification activity file to report classifier results, so you still need to get the scores into ezws.

Edited by wgnoyes

Yes, but it remains that there has to be some way to get the scoring data into ezws.

It's not a matter of being a stickler for the rules. Even for a lvl1 match, you have to be able to create the webfile.txt file to upload results and also create the classification activity file to report classifier results, so you still need to get the scores into ezws.

Yes, but it remains that there has to be some way to get the scoring data into ezws.

What he's saying he'd do is generate the same output format as the palms do and then import that in to ezwinscore as if he used palms. This will work fine, exactly like palm scoring, but it's not legal.

Update to all on this thread --- Shoot'n Score It now generates 'palm-equivalent' files to import into EzWinScore in 'beta' release (as in

you can use it but do not yet recommend you use it for a live match).

To use this -- generate a match in SSI, score it... etc. Then under 'reports and scoresheets' there is a link EzWinScore. From there

you can generate a zip file that will be downloaded, unzip this and you have all the 'palm' files and they can be imported into EWS

This is where you come in, the files are generated to what I understand to be the Palm-formats for the different files but

there are still minor issues that prevents this from going through and I am troubleshooting this right now.

Any help or existing palm files Scores.txt, Stages_extra.txt, Stages.txt that you have around and can email me

at jens@twostorysoftware.com will help getting this done before the weekend !!!

Will let you know when I feel this is working ok and remove the 'beta' tag.

/ Jens

THAT should be interesting. It would be nice to not have to scrounge around yard sales and ebay looking for old beat up palms.

Yep, but I really do need some example files to be able to re-engineer the final details of the format and verify that this works.

If there are any around that I can get then it is just a matter of a few hours of work and this is done.

/ Jens

I will see what I can do for you tonite. Not exactly sure of the inner workings but with a little direction I am sure we can make it all work.

Great, from what I understand so anything in the folder where the palm files are located will be great!

I am already generating files that should be ok but there is something around tab/carrige return linefeed that is not correct and

any 'original' files to look at will make it so much easier !

/ Jens

Hi all,

Shoot'n Score It (SSI) now generates 'palm equivalent' files that you can import *to* EzWinScore.

To download from SSI go to a match you organize and do 'reports score sheets' - ezwinscore - download.

You will now download a zip file containing all separate files needed. There are also some instructions on the web for

how to import this into EWS.

At this moment the usage is somewhat limited as when you import the information to EzWinScore you can

import stages, but when trying to import scores it requires competitors to exist in EWS (and in current release of EWS

import of competitor registrations is not supported but this is on its way if I am correctly informed).

When this is supported in EWS you can import everything from SSI to EWS.

/ Jens

Edited by jenlu