Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark Otto 2 x shell carrier

BDB

I received mine last Thursday in time for the 3-Gun match this past weekend, but it turns out none of the two shotgun stages required any reloads, so I didn't get a chance to use it in competition yet.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is what I'm thinking about having a 44 round vest.

Has anyone found that this doesn't carry enough?

I would think that it would be enough for most stages. However for the really big stages (35 to 40 rds) i plan on also using my belt carriers. Gotta be flexible!

Jim M. :cheers:

44 rounds NOW that should do it! 2 belts? One high one low?

Jim M.

Ok here is what I'm thinking about having a 44 round vest.

Has anyone found that this doesn't carry enough?

I would think that it would be enough for most stages. However for the really big stages (35 to 40 rds) i plan on also using my belt carriers. Gotta be flexible!

Jim M. :cheers:

Give me until tomorrow. I left my DSLR at a friends house. I will update the thread with pics.

Mark did exactly what I recommended. He didn't remove any carriers so you won't be losing any capacity compared to his original version, but the unit is contoured to a smaller person's waist/mid section.

I got mine Monday evening. On the third try I loaded 8 in 6 secs which seems to be very doable by most people who try it. There's definately a shorter learning curve with the belt vs weakhand loading. Im still gonna keep practicing weakhand though since I found KurtM's vid on 3GN. Seems I've been doing it the wrong whole time.

DaG

• 4 weeks later...

I love my Otto 2 X shell carrier and anyone who is on the fence about going to the load 2 method should jump on the load 2 band wagon. This product is great and has made my shotgun stages a blast!!! Really marks product is built to last and is really comfortable. doesnt get in the way of movement or shooting. I am only using weakhand loads for stages where there may not be any reloads..9 rds or less.

I got mine in last night. Gave it a whirl for 20 minutes, first time with any load 2 setup, 6sec par time easily reached. I tore the heck out of my pointer finger while trying to remove shells from the tube. I haven't quite figured out the best way to go about this. Seems my finger either becomes slightly pinched or the shell rockets out and drills my other finger. :roflol:

• 4 weeks later...

Can anybody comment on the belt when going prone for rifle prior to shotgun in a stage. Do the shells get dislodged? How about position behind the gun, is it compromised?

When I bought mine, Mark showed me that you can slide the carrier around, on your body, for stages like you describe. As you can see in the photo in post #1 the back is hard plastic, and you can slide it around, if it's not cinched down too tight.

For a stage like you describe, you could have the carrier on your side, shoot prone, then slip the carrier to your front while moving to the shotgun.

If that's too much, you could probably start with the carrier on your chest instead of your ab and have it out of your way.

I can make it in 24 and what ever number you want, I would have to change the programing that I have done so far, I will have some other new set ups next month and other gages like 20GA

Really like mine. Shoot one load 8 shoot 1 in 5 or less. Only wish it was 24 instead of 22 then if would be 3 complete loads for tac

• 1 month later...