Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark Otto 2 x shell carrier

BDB

I was fortunate to take the Pro clinic with Benny Hill and Ty Gentry on Friday evening. I learned a great deal of information in a short bit of time. I can only imagine what you could learn in a whole day.

I was given the opportunity to purchase a Mark Otto 2 x shell carrier. I have to tell you this is a outstanding product. I used it Saturday morning on AM stage 1 and everyone was amazed how fast I could load with it. The RO's were at the same clinic on Friday as I was and they couldn't believe how fast I picked up on loading with this unit. I practiced with it for about 20 min the night before.

post-30094-0-86155000-1314665416_thumb.j

post-30094-0-73655900-1314665433_thumb.j

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can personally attest to the fact that the carrier made a significant difference in BDB's reloads! Good job, man. You scored by picking that thing up for sure.

Great meeting and talking with you guys, was glad to have you in our squad.

(off to call Mark, and ask about adding shoulder straps...)

Stay safe,

-Chase

New name for this loading style.

GRIP IT

RIP IT

TIP IT

SLIP IT

Grip the 2 shells, rip them out of the holders, tip the shells down to the gate and then slip them in.

GRiTS as an acronym!! the I doesn't really fit in...but its in the description a lot!

Edited by cworks

• 2 weeks later...

With the Otto holder using the GRiTS technique, with only about 90 min of practicing, I was able the load

8, shoot one, in 8.13 seconds, with a Salient Benelli. This is the fastest I have ever been able to load.

Use to use the Cooley Fip with my 1100CM, slow. With the Salient, tried the 4 shells at a time weak hand, epic fail, 3 at a time, fail. With some practice hope to get down to 6 seconds for 8, by the Nationals using the GRiTS.

My thanks to John G for showing me the way.

Edited by Trail3

Ive had my Mark Otto 2x shell holder for a little more than a week and this thing is fast in all of my drills reloads are about 6 sec give or take 2 tenths, live fire. This is only going to get faster! I am a little guy and thought that I would need a set of shoulder straps because ive got a flat stomach. Ive had no problems up to this point. Love the harness. thank you MARK.

With the Otto holder using the GRiTS technique, with only about 90 min of practicing, I was able the load

8, shoot one, in 8.13 seconds, with a Salient Benelli. This is the fastest I have ever been able to load.

Use to use the Cooley Fip with my 1100CM, slow. With the Salient, tried the 4 shells at a time weak hand, epic fail, 3 at a time, fail. With some practice hope to get down to 6 seconds for 8, by the Nationals using the GRiTS.

My thanks to John G for showing me the way.

Ive had my Mark Otto 2x shell holder for a little more than a week and this thing is fast in all of my drills reloads are about 6 sec give or take 2 tenths, live fire. This is only going to get faster! I am a little guy and thought that I would need a set of shoulder straps because ive got a flat stomach. Ive had no problems up to this point. Love the harness. thank you MARK.

Got mine a couple of days ago and really like it. A question for you guys, are you putting the stock in your armpit or over your shoulder? Strong or weakhand loading?

Thanks

Jim M.