Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My dry fire training tool

CSPCRX

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

sorry all for the delays. My job had different ideas for me as of late and I have been traveling a lot.

Which means nothing got done on the targets.

This weekend I made some headway.

I have 10 complete and tested circuites.

I also managed to cut out the front and center targets, almost lost a couple of fingers with the raser blade.

Each night this week I plan on trying to build one or two.

I changed my mind on taking the partial funds, since it will just be easier to do it all at once and my time has been stretched.

So much for a year end slow down, LOL.

I apprecaite everyones interest and understanding.

Really down to the short strokes now.

Thanks again for your understanding and sorry for being out of pocket and not updating you.

internet provided is not hosting web content any longer so I had to move the video to another site. For some reason, perhaps due to age of post, I can not edit the original post with the link. So here is a new link to the same video.

IPSC Laser activated target

Are you willing to sell your creation without a target!? Shipping that to Alaska cost more that its worth. Flat rate shipping through USPS is the same cheap price, thats why i have asked a few times

internet provided is not hosting web content any longer so I had to move the video to another site. For some reason, perhaps due to age of post, I can not edit the original post with the link. So here is a new link to the same video.

IPSC Laser activated target

Are you willing to sell your creation without a target!? Shipping that to Alaska cost more that its worth. Flat rate shipping through USPS is the same cheap price, thats why i have asked a few times

PMed

Got the first one together with the new components. Have dead spots in the corners so working on placement of the sensors. Very close now. This is the pain in the butt portion. Change stuff and it reacts differently. After this first one is together and functioning 100% I can just copy the placement on the others, they will go more quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

OK I have four done and ready to box and ship.

This is the list of people who said they were interested so I will go down the list.

1) bsdubois00

2) Racer377

3) Ofishl1

4) Tcurrin

5) vluc

6)

7)

8)

I will then finish the next four, so VLUC, you will be first on that set.

As for the first four I will need your zipcode so I can get you a shipping cost. Please PM me with that.

Thank you all. I really think you will like them.

They are much louder then my first design, that is in the video.

I can set it clear across the house and hear it.

Out of curiosity, how many photodetectors are you using and what are you using for the target material to diffuse the laser?

After picking up the SIRT pistol a few days ago, I've been looking to build a few targets. I was thinking of a series of photodetectors ringing a piece of frosted acrylic pressed against the edge, and then tie it into some sort of a counter circuit with a 7 segment LED to track number of hits. We have a few contacts here at work that spin PCBs for us, so I may get a few done if I can get a circuit that I'm happy with. Of course, the real fun part will be trying to integrate some sort of motor into the target to have it fall after being hit.

Ardo!!

You are my hero!!!!

I saw and even downloaded that program last year but lost it before getting a LT Pro!

Have been searching all over my computers and the web for the past two weeks for it.

If it just had a timer or even a sound generator so it could interact with a shooting timer it would be the best thing since the torx head screw and ribbed condom.

Edit - just watched the video and it does seem to generate sounds so it might be possible to use with a timer.

Can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lubecktech

Ardo!!

You are my hero!!!!

I saw and even downloaded that program last year but lost it before getting a LT Pro!

Have been searching all over my computers and the web for the past two weeks for it.

If it just had a timer or even a sound generator so it could interact with a shooting timer it would be the best thing since the torx head screw and ribbed condom.

Edit - just watched the video and it does seem to generate sounds so it might be possible to use with a timer.

Can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!

I think we better start a new thread.

Out of curiosity, how many photodetectors are you using and what are you using for the target material to diffuse the laser?

After picking up the SIRT pistol a few days ago, I've been looking to build a few targets. I was thinking of a series of photodetectors ringing a piece of frosted acrylic pressed against the edge, and then tie it into some sort of a counter circuit with a 7 segment LED to track number of hits. We have a few contacts here at work that spin PCBs for us, so I may get a few done if I can get a circuit that I'm happy with. Of course, the real fun part will be trying to integrate some sort of motor into the target to have it fall after being hit.

I have a SIRT and this is why I think a target like this would be ideal for it.

OK I have four done and ready to box and ship.

This is the list of people who said they were interested so I will go down the list.

1) bsdubois00

2) Racer377

3) Ofishl1

4) Tcurrin

5) vluc

6)

7)

8)

I will then finish the next four, so VLUC, you will be first on that set.

As for the first four I will need your zipcode so I can get you a shipping cost. Please PM me with that.

Thank you all. I really think you will like them.

They are much louder then my first design, that is in the video.

I can set it clear across the house and hear it.

Are you still selling these targets :surprise:

PM sent

4 of the first 5, one not on this list, have been shipped.

Waiting on BSDUBOIS to replay for his.

Building for the next five, listed below.

vluc

downtime

beanland

Torogi

If I do not hear from BSDUBOIS, I will send his to vluc and move him down the list.

I am hopping, since he was following this and first on the list, its just the holidays.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holidays.

I dont get it. I watched the video. the laser is doing what it is supposed to do but what it the target doing. I mean is it the sound that is telling you you hit it because you are looking at the sights and not the laser (which I thought was the SIRT biggest downfall).