Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My dry fire training tool

CSPCRX

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting approach, but can you use it for multiple shots on a USPSA target? What about multiple targets? Knowing your first shot time from a draw and various distances is important, but I am looking for the further implications of multiple targets.

I can build it on any kind of target I wanted. I had the B-27 and it's poster size so it' fits the frame like I wanted.

As many times as you pull the trigger and hit the center it beeps, it doesn't have to be reset.

It's powered by a 9v battery so you could build multiple ones and place them around.

I found a "light activated alarm" circuit diagram on the internet, ecelab.com. It basically activates when light hits the sensor. I then took a piece of 1/8 inch plexi and sanded the back of it. This way when the laser hits it, the light is refracted through the plexi. I placed two sensors on opposite ends of the plexi to detect the light. There is an adjustable resister in the circuit so you can adjust for how bright the ambient light is. I then mounted it in the poster frame and used the fiber board backer to attach everything to. I used a deep poster frame so there was room for the battery and circuit board. Picked up all the parts to build it from radio shack. The poster frame, it has metal sides, was probably the most expensive part.

My idea was just to give me something to draw and fire at or reload and fire at, to work on the first shot on target. With the buzzer you won’t get into the habit of looking for the lasers impact point.

Easy for you to say. How much to make me a couple? I've found some online that come in a kit that look the same. Question. Do you find you need the light off for it to work? What exactly does the plexi glass do?

Would you want them as you see it. A framed B-27 target? Or do you just want me to build the circuit for you?

No, there is an adjustable resister, potentiometer, that you adjust to the ambient light.

I set mine where I was going to use it during the day opened all the blinds and turned on all of the lights and then adjusted it for that. Dont have to touch it after that.

Basically the plexi acts as the pickup. The light sensors attach to the edge, this way they do not see as much ambient light. This way you can have a larger strike zone. The sensors are not much bigger then a pencil eraser. Your increasing its ability to detech light over a larger area.

Easy for you to say. How much to make me a couple? I've found some online that come in a kit that look the same. Question. Do you find you need the light off for it to work? What exactly does the plexi glass do?

Would you want them as you see it. A framed B-27 target? Or do you just want me to build the circuit for you?

No, there is an adjustable resister, potentiometer, that you adjust to the ambient light.

I set mine where I was going to use it during the day opened all the blinds and turned on all of the lights and then adjusted it for that. Dont have to touch it after that.

Basically the plexi acts as the pickup. The light sensors attach to the edge, this way they do not see as much ambient light. This way you can have a larger strike zone. The sensors are not much bigger then a pencil eraser. Your increasing its ability to detech light over a larger area.

I'm very interested in one of these as well!!

BTW, with the username "CSPCRX" I take it you're an autocrosser as well? Or at least did? Curious to know who I'm talking to Haha!

Same here...LOL

Tim Herron

TY68934

or in the SCCA world...

#95 STU

'11 WRX

I would be VERY interested in getting one of those circuits built!

replied.

I have everything to make one using the USPSA target with the A zone cut out. Let me try this.

I think they would be much cheaper to build then the B27, due to the lack of the frame.

I will let everyone know and post a video of it in action.

Going to take me a couple of days to put another curcuit together figure out how it will all go together.

replied.

I have everything to make one using the USPSA target with the A zone cut out. Let me try this.

I think they would be much cheaper to build then the B27, due to the lack of the frame.

I will let everyone know and post a video of it in action.

Going to take me a couple of days to put another curcuit together figure out how it will all go together.

Hello:

I'd be interested in your USPSA version as well. Please email or do post how it turns out. Thanks.

Edited by Awedtone

had to get a couple parts to build the first one.

I will post up a video when its done.

Tring to source parts so I can keep the price down.

Radio Shack is not the cheapest place to get stuff.

But I will have an idea after this first one what it will take to make it function.

Ok, it took me a while to get everything put together, first time is always the hardest.

It works as the B27 does, see video link below.

Laser USPSA/IPSC Target

I figure I can build them in about 3 hours when I have all of the pieces on hand.

To build any volume at a reasonable price I will have to order most of the parts, so I will need a few weeks to get everything together.

So here is the part you are waiting for, price.

I can build them for $45 plus shipping.

This would be what you see in the video except the 9v battery, why add weight to shipping and most folks already have them, and the stand (Laser Activated Target only).

Before I spend a great deal of cash on this, I need to know who would seriously be interested in these and how many you want. If I can get at least 8 accounted for, already have 2 interested locally, it will allow me to get the volume pricing I need to build them at this price. What I would like to do is start a list of those interested then when we hit the number I will ask that you send me a $20 deposit along with your information. When yours is ready to ship I will give you the final amount due (remaining $25 plus shipping and packaging).

I will be able to do this by paypal when we get to that point. Thank you for your interest.