Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite motivational saying or quote?

CSEMARTIN

A few of my favorites:

"Repetition is no fun until its the reason we won!" Billy Joe Brockhouse

"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

"The name on the front of the jersey is alot more important than the name on the back".

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

"If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner. You know what a winner is? A winner is somebody who has given his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can, who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means that they've given it their best. That's a winner." Walter Payton

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

"we did not lose that game......we ran out of time."

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." I think Theodore Roosevelt said this.

"The expert in anything was once a beginner."

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He who graduates the harshest school, succeeds."

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."

— Thucydides

"When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it ...."

— Henry Ford

Pain is natures way of letting you know that you are still alive.

Death is natures way of telling you to slow down.

Personally, I think Winston Churchill was the master of the motivational quote...

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Winston Churchill

A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.

Winston Churchill

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Winston Churchill

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Winston Churchill

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Winston Churchill

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Winston Churchill

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.

Winston Churchill

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Winston Churchill

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.

Winston Churchill

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law.

Winston Churchill

It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.

Winston Churchill

And for Flex..... Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.

Winston Churchill

Edited by GrumpyOne