Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HK P2000

Michael64

Anyone using one of these for carry or competition?

I have one of the SA/DA versions. Not sure what HK calls it. Do like it for carry but wish they made a larger version. Longer barrel and higher capacity.

BTW, mine is in 9mm.

• 5 weeks later...

I have one of the SA/DA versions. Not sure what HK calls it. Do like it for carry but wish they made a larger version. Longer barrel and higher capacity.

BTW, mine is in 9mm.

Sir,

The .40 LEM HK P2000 and P2000SK are my duty issue handguns and we run Federal 155gr JHP ammo. We were fortunate to compete as an LEO team at the Courage Classic at the KRRC a few weeks back (great people by the way) and all of us now have the "3-Gun bug". I can happily report that as a team we had no malfunctions, FTF's or FTE's over the two days of competition. I have to say at first it was a little daunting to see all those race guns and super high capacity weapons but we soon realized much/most of the capacity advantage was taken away if the user wasn't good with their mag changes.

As for the sight radius, believe it or not I usually do better with my P2000SK than my full size P2000 in our quarterly qual, go figure. It's all about trigger time. Make that weapon and it's controls second nature to you.

Hope this helps,

Matt

I do appreciate the feedback.

As always, practice is key. And if I only had more time and ammo money :D

BTW, mine is in 9mm.

Sir,

The .40 LEM HK P2000 and P2000SK are my duty issue handguns and we run Federal 155gr JHP ammo. We were fortunate to compete as an LEO team at the Courage Classic at the KRRC a few weeks back (great people by the way) and all of us now have the "3-Gun bug". I can happily report that as a team we had no malfunctions, FTF's or FTE's over the two days of competition. I have to say at first it was a little daunting to see all those race guns and super high capacity weapons but we soon realized much/most of the capacity advantage was taken away if the user wasn't good with their mag changes.

As for the sight radius, believe it or not I usually do better with my P2000SK than my full size P2000 in our quarterly qual, go figure. It's all about trigger time. Make that weapon and it's controls second nature to you.

Hope this helps,

Matt

• 4 months later...

The p2000 is so well balanced in 9mm that when you shoot it almost becomes telepathic in operation. When i compare handguns, it is always against the p2000 and most place behind it in every catergory.

Edited by 9mmMike

• 1 year later...

I shot uspsa with usp c 9mm few times. I thought I was doing ok, until I had to shoot a few relatively small targets. I had to shoot them more than few times before I connected. That doesn't happen with my sig p226.

I know I suck, but the sight radius played a role too, I feel.

sent on mobile phone via tapatalk!