Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA President elections.

CAB33

Typically ballots are sent out so that they will be received by Aug 1st by all members of record on Apr 30th. (That is, if you were a member on Apr 30th, you'll get a ballot around Aug 1st.) Voting takes place during August, and ballots typically have to be in by the beginning of September. Results are announced a few weeks later. There are no replacements issued for ballots lots in the mail and if you weren't a member on Apr 30th, you don't get a ballot even if you joined on May 1st.

Edited by wgnoyes

Typically ballots are sent out so that they will be received by Aug 1st by all members of record on Apr 1st. (That is, if you were a member on Apr 1st, you'll get a ballot around Aug 1st.) Voting takes place during August, and ballots typically have to be in by the beginning of September. Results are announced a few weeks later. There are no replacements issued for ballots lots in the mail and if you weren't a member on Apr 1st, you don't get a ballot even if you joined on Apr 2nd.

Bill's almost correct, except for the eligibility to vote.

6.3 Eligibility to Vote:

Eligibility to vote requires a current USPSA membership with an original membership date prior to May 1 of the year of the election.

You have until April 30th in an election year to join and receive a ballot.....

• 2 months later...

Maybe someone here can help me out with this. I did not receive my ballot for the original election and I have not recieved my balllot this time either. I called USPSA directly and the person I spoke with said that she did not know what to do about my issue. She verified my address and USPSA number. She offered to put me into Dave Thomas' VM box so I could make a complaint. Needless to say, that was not the answer that I was expecting. Anyone have and idea what I can do??

Maybe someone here can help me out with this. I did not receive my ballot for the original election and I have not recieved my balllot this time either. I called USPSA directly and the person I spoke with said that she did not know what to do about my issue. She verified my address and USPSA number. She offered to put me into Dave Thomas' VM box so I could make a complaint. Needless to say, that was not the answer that I was expecting. Anyone have and idea what I can do??

Were you qualified to vote the first time around? Ballots only go to those who voted the first time around.

Were you qualified to vote the first time around? Ballots only go to those who voted the first time around.

Shamefully I must admit this is not the case. I filled out my 1st ballot but forgot to mail it. My second ballot for the run off was dropped in the mail yesterday.

Chris,

really? Have the bylaws changed, or is the current version posted on USPSA.org?

6.7 Runoff Election Ballot Procedure:

The run-off election shall be conducted under the terms, conditions, and procedures described in 6.5 for the initial election, except that the deadlines shall be:

i.) ballots shall be mailed to all current members on the original mailing list by November 1st, by first class mail,

ii.) ballots received on or before December 1st are eligible to be counted,

iii.) results shall be reported to the President and Board of Directors by December 15th of each election year.

Can you please confirm whether the number of ballots mailed for the runoff is approximately equivalent to the number mailed initially? Considering the the president is up for election, the only people not receiving a run-off ballot should be those folks whose membership has expired/not been renewed since the original ballots went out.

I'm really hoping that you quoted the procedure from memory, and made a mistake.....

As far as I know there's nothing that you can do/that can be done.....

Chris,

really? Have the bylaws changed, or is the current version posted on USPSA.org?

6.7 Runoff Election Ballot Procedure:

The run-off election shall be conducted under the terms, conditions, and procedures described in 6.5 for the initial election, except that the deadlines shall be:

i.) ballots shall be mailed to all current members on the original mailing list by November 1st, by first class mail,

ii.) ballots received on or before December 1st are eligible to be counted,

iii.) results shall be reported to the President and Board of Directors by December 15th of each election year.

Can you please confirm whether the number of ballots mailed for the runoff is approximately equivalent to the number mailed initially? Considering the the president is up for election, the only people not receiving a run-off ballot should be those folks whose membership has expired/not been renewed since the original ballots went out.

I'm really hoping that you quoted the procedure from memory, and made a mistake.....

I should have said, those who received a ballot the first time around! Guess I shouldn't be posting at 1 am.

Edited by chendersby