Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top 3-Gun Shotguns These Days?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want my shotgun to work like my AR, I want my shotgun to be a shotgun, and load like a shotgun and feel like a shotgun.

I am the opposite the less the learn the better. I want my shotgun to be as much like an AR as possible hence the reason I love my R&R Saiga. With tactical and limited the game has simply become how fast you can load vs how well you can shoot and that has turned some people off of the sport.

Pat

Name me one competitor that shoots major matches that can reload really fast but can't shoot a shotgun well.

Reloading is just part of the game, just like knowing your rifle zero at all distances or firing fast splits w/ a pistol.

I have only attended one major match. I am just echoing some of the disconent I hear at local matches. At the local matches since I am one of the few with a tricked out Saiga up here I frequently beat shooters who shoot a shotgun better than I do because I don't have to use speed loaders. By the way I am not complaining I love the game. Just passing on what I have heard from a fair percentage of shooters.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

• 3 months later...

I run an 1100, despite the fact that people say they don't run. I've never had a problem with mine, but I don't shoot as many matches as I'd like to shoot, either.

Ditto but I'll be looking for a Remington 930 Comp next year after the shotshow.

It was a little more work for this gun since it's a shorter tubed Special Field model.

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

I am waiting for the new Remington VersaMax Tactical... does anyone know if an Arredondo speedloader chute will fit the new VersaMax? I have heard that the trigger and lifter system from a Benelli will drop into and work in this gun. So I guess I'm hopeing so I can still shoot open.

Thanks,

Z