Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top 3-Gun Shotguns These Days?

Hotchkiss

I'm thinking some may change their mind when a new package becomes available here pretty soon...

Are you talking about the 930 or... ?

Something else...not at liberty to divulge.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a time of release?

Should be this month. I'll be sure to post pictures.

Will it be around the same price as a FN? Looking at shotguns now, do you believe it'll be worth it to wait?

Unless it will reach down for your belt and load itself, theres no need for anything other than a M1/M2 and a lil practice.

I don't know much about this subject but from an outsider let me make this observation. When/if (and it might already be a reality) a detachable magazine shotgun is perfected, it will have an inherent advantage over a tube fed shotgun -- no matter how slick the tube speed-loaders. Much like comparing a revolver with a semi automatic pistol.

I have to wonder if detachable magazines are not approved for all classes simply to keep older shotgun technology (and their manufacturers) viable for competition? I think this question is bound to be asked more and more...

I have to wonder if detachable magazines are not approved for all classes simply to keep older shotgun technology (and their manufacturers) viable for competition? I think this question is bound to be asked more and more...

Would it be a bad thing if that happened? As it stands now we have capacity limits in all shotgun classes except open which is a rule with a like puropose. Would it not be best for there to continue to be differences between classes especially in view of the fact that we have shooters who live in states where the newer technology may not be legal to own?

...do you believe it'll be worth it to wait?

Yes I do. I am eagerly awaiting delivery, hopefully this week.

Unless it will reach down for your belt and load itself, theres no need for anything other than a M1/M2 and a lil practice.

I'll disagree with this comment. The top shooters (on shotgun at least) spend 100s of hours, most say years, working on loading the tube fed shotgun fast. There really is no need for anything except a H&R single shot, unless you want to actually do well.

Would it not be best for there to continue to be differences between classes especially in view of the fact that we have shooters who live in states where the newer technology may not be legal to own?

Yes, I think it would be best. Let's not be too quick to modify divisions based on mag fed shotguns. When it comes down to it, course design has a huge impact on the viability of the various platforms. If shotugn is select load, maybe no more than 10 to 12 rounds, with some risky shots, the tube fed shotguns, overall, will dominate. If stages are all birdshot, 40 rounds, then mag fed shotguns will dominate.

If you all think MDs and course designers don't think about these issues, and the person driving the various platforms, you are kidding yourself.

Top shotgun...the one you load the fastest (including select) and fits well enough so that you can hit all the targets. :cheers:

Edited by MarkCO

Opinions may vary.

Your not talking about the keltec thing on cover of G&A are you?

HECK NO!

HECK NO!

Lol..I was hoping not

Do you have a time of release?

Should be this month. I'll be sure to post pictures.

Do you have an estimated price? I'm wondering if this is something I would even wait for. I'd like to stay in the $500-$750 range if possible but I'm getting a little itchy to get something.

HECK NO!

Well that is a relief! You have definitely piqued my curiosity now. I'm still running my 1100 but have been saving my extra pennies in anticipation of picking up either an FN or Mosssberg 930 for next season.

Not an AR 12 gauge. It is not something CarbonArms is producing, so I don't know the price, really. If you can wait a week, you will know what it is and how it works. :cheers:

I dont want my shotgun to work like my AR, I want my shotgun to be a shotgun, and load like a shotgun and feel like a shotgun.

Just how does a shotgun "load and feel?" There are semi-automatic shotguns, pump shotguns, lever action, break-open, even bolt action.

Would it be a bad thing if that happened? As it stands now we have capacity limits in all shotgun classes except open which is a rule with a like puropose. Would it not be best for there to continue to be differences between classes especially in view of the fact that we have shooters who live in states where the newer technology may not be legal to own?

Actually I think it would because it impedes progress. I think there should ways be classes like Heavy-Metal for classic weaponry but to call something "tactical" and then outlaw removable magazine shotguns seems a bit odd.

I would say that division class names are just names and nothing more. The idea behind what is a tactial rifle evolves from what was allowed on the rifle. If we start to see detachable mag fed shotguns receive broad acceptance by LE and the military, I would think we might see some matches change equipment rules.

I dont want my shotgun to work like my AR, I want my shotgun to be a shotgun, and load like a shotgun and feel like a shotgun.

I am the opposite the less the learn the better. I want my shotgun to be as much like an AR as possible hence the reason I love my R&R Saiga. With tactical and limited the game has simply become how fast you can load vs how well you can shoot and that has turned some people off of the sport.

Pat

I am the opposite the less the learn the better. I want my shotgun to be as much like an AR as possible hence the reason I love my R&R Saiga. With tactical and limited the game has simply become how fast you can load vs how well you can shoot and that has turned some people off of the sport.

Pat

Name me one competitor that shoots major matches that can reload really fast but can't shoot a shotgun well.

Reloading is just part of the game, just like knowing your rifle zero at all distances or firing fast splits w/ a pistol.