Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you get 5 perfect reloads in a row on tape?

DonovanM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I thought it would be a fun little challenge to try to get 5 perfect reloads in a row on tape. Took me 3 tries, and even then I fumbled the 5th one a little bit.

If you can do it, post em up!

(No, the Huggies were not for me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAzHppHX8_o

Great job... still my weak area, but getting better

Hey guys,

I thought it would be a fun little challenge to try to get 5 perfect reloads in a row on tape. Took me 3 tries, and even then I fumbled the 5th one a little bit.

If you can do it, post em up!

(No, the Huggies were not for me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAzHppHX8_o

Great job... still my weak area, but getting better

Thanks! It's definitely a skill worth practicing, especially for limited capacity divisions.

Edited by DonovanM

• 4 months later...

I have a question Donovan. In the first video you posted, I noted that your weak hand is so high on the gun that your thumb is almost on top of the slide. Doesn't that ultra-high hold cost you a lot of contact area with the gun? Would you have better control if you moved your hand down so that your thumb rode the side of the frame? Just curious.

I have a question Donovan. In the first video you posted, I noted that your weak hand is so high on the gun that your thumb is almost on top of the slide. Doesn't that ultra-high hold cost you a lot of contact area with the gun? Would you have better control if you moved your hand down so that your thumb rode the side of the frame? Just curious.

Not at all. I think getting that high - or as high as possible - on the gun is better for recoil control. I don't think I sacrificed any contact area but it's been awhile since running a SIG so I can't replicate it to really say for sure. The only problem with that grip is that on SIGs, with the way the slide release is set up it's impossible not to ride it with a high grip so it pretty much never locked open for me - or did too early - with either of the stock levers.

Here's an updated video I just made. This time I turned it into a drill to do with a par time. 7 seconds is my best.

As you can see I reload about 6" lower and now shoot a Glock :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7UJFqp_7o&feature=plcp

Edited by DonovanM

Not at all. I think getting that high - or as high as possible - on the gun is better for recoil control. I don't think I sacrificed any contact area but it's been awhile since running a SIG so I can't replicate it to really say for sure. The only problem with that grip is that on SIGs, with the way the slide release is set up it's impossible not to ride it with a high grip so it pretty much never locked open for me - or did too early - with either of the stock levers.

Here's an updated video I just made. This time I turned it into a drill to do with a par time. 7 seconds is my best.

As you can see I reload about 6" lower and now shoot a Glock :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7UJFqp_7o&feature=plcp

Holy **** I've got a long way to go. Nice job man.

• 6 months later...