Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Test Fired the new AKDAL MKA-1919 today

TonyRumore

HAAA!!! I have one on order. Found somone who gave me a heads up that a smallish shop in Southern Indiana has them for sale.

$700 cash and $750 CC. Has 9 of the black and 4 cammo. Cammo guns have cammo mags.

T&J Sporting Goods

3875 Whiskey Run Rd.,NE

Georgetown, Indiana 47122

812-366-4921

oh no......

You need one to finally be able to shoot multigun.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know why it looks like an AR-15.

Other than that, good concept.

For me the ergonomics are the biggie. I'm sure the cool factor is part of the reason but I'm so cool already it makes no diff

Could you post a pic of what you did to make it run bulk pack shells?

Do you sell booster bushings yet?

During testing, the guns did not want to cycle light birdshot out of the box. However, installing a booster bushing over the gas bypass spring allowed the guns to run just fine on Walmart bulk pack ammo (Rem/Fed).

Tony Rumore

Tromix

It's kind of funny....or maybe sad is a better way to say it....that the Russians are making a shotgun based on a weapons platform that hundreds of thousands of American vets are familiar with. Seems like Colt or Remington or somebody...sheez...anybody..Buehler, Buehler.....would have been making one of these in America YEARS ago. Can you imagine how awesome it would be by now if they had?

Indeed. You would think that Colt (well then again maybe not Colt), Bushmaster/Remington or even S&W would OWN this market? Maybe it's simply too non-pc? I forgot about Ruger. If the Russians sell a lot of guns without a lot of backlash, Ruger might get into the business in a few years...

Why is this shotgun legal to import and sell while something like the Franchi SPAS 15 is not? Purely subjective choice by politicos?

You couldn't run fast enough to give me a Spas.

I got bitch slapped on this forum for posting an "advertisement" in the past.

So, NO. I won't post a pic of the gas booster bushing or tell you where to get one.

That would be against the rules on this forum.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

You already have your company listed under your name so why not become a forum vendor and "advertise" all you want. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I picked one up and it runs perfect with 1 1/8 oz 3 Dram shells.(read bulkpack)

It fixes all the shortcomings of a stock Saiga. Mags drop free, last round bolt hold open is awesome.

Transitioning from an AR to this is like not transitioning at all.

Its just plug and play right out of the box.

It fixes all the shortcomings of a stock Saiga. Mags drop free, last round bolt hold open is awesome.

How does it appear from a durability/maintainability standpoint when compared to the Saiga or say a Benelli?

I had to laugh at the person that said they did not want their shotgun to look like an AR and their AR not to look like a shotgun. That's primative thinking. If it works and it lessons the transition between both firearms that's a GOOD thing.

Edited by Hotchkiss

I cant comment on durability as I only have put 200 shells through it. It seems solid but I have also had Browning Citoris and Beretta O/Us fail from high volume shooting and they are built like tanks.

Maintainability is easy, unlike a Saiga the barrel comes off. Its a gas gun so it gets dirtier than a Benelli. The forearm comes off easy, so getting to the gas piston is simple.

How does it appear from a durability/maintainability standpoint when compared to the Saiga or say a Benelli?

I had to laugh at the person that said they did not want their shotgun to look like an AR and their AR not to look like a shotgun. That's primative thinking. If it works and it lessons the transition between both firearms that's a GOOD thing.

Edited by Duke Nukem

Not quite plug and play.

Picked up one this morning, and tested it this afternoon. After I put a Red Dot on it.

It ran 3 3/4 dram loads with one faiure to eject. 25 rounds. any Mag.

The 3 1/4 dram loads, would run in the 2 3/4 mag, but not the 3 in mag, and would not lock back.

With low recoil slugs it was a single shot. Would not even get the cases far enough back to jam.

Just slight movement of the bolt and back into battery with the empty case.

Lots of potential, easy to handle, need 10 round mags.

More testing/excuse to go to the range, needed.

Cleaned and lubed, ready for more testing.

Not quite plug and play.

Picked up one this morning, and tested it this afternoon. After I put a Red Dot on it.

It ran 3 3/4 dram loads with one faiure to eject. 25 rounds. any Mag.

The 3 1/4 dram loads, would run in the 2 3/4 mag, but not the 3 in mag, and would not lock back.

With low recoil slugs it was a single shot. Would not even get the cases far enough back to jam.

Just slight movement of the bolt and back into battery with the empty case.

Lots of potential, easy to handle, need 10 round mags.

More testing/excuse to go to the range, needed.

Cleaned and lubed, ready for more testing.

Get the Tromix bushing. Mine runs stuff down to 1145fps. Both mags function without issue.

Tnek, you were right, the bushing makes a lot of difference.

I could not order a bushing until monday, so I made one and tested it this morning.

Ran the light stuff great, got 40 rouds thru it before I had a stovepipe.

Don't think it was the guns fault, I was going as fast as I could, felt that it was different and looked down.

I was not as locked in as i should have been. ran the last 10 rounds just fine.