• 1 month later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Maybe I will get a Bar-Sto for the next M&P, just could not wait any longer and got a KKM.

Let us know how it works out for you! :cheers:

What are you putting it in? :surprise:

Put the KKM in an M&P 9Pro, ran it at RM3G and it ran 100%. Cut my group sizes by about 70% at 25 yards.

Maybe I will get a Bar-Sto for the next M&P, just could not wait any longer and got a KKM.

Put the KKM in an M&P 9Pro, ran it at RM3G and it ran 100%. Cut my group sizes by about 70% at 25 yards.

looks like kkm is the way to go then

So, you're under an inch at 25 yards, or, did you have one of the really crappy, factory barrels that did 4-6"?? :surprise:

So, you're under an inch at 25 yards, or, did you have one of the really crappy, factory barrels that did 4-6"?? :surprise:

My factory barrel started out at 4" at 25, but by the time I hit 1K, it was over a foot pattern. The KKM dropped me down to 3" with 147s and 4" with 124s at 25. The factory barrel was "less terrible" with 124s and terrible with 147s.

My factory barrel started out at 4" at 25, but by the time I hit 1K, it was over a foot pattern. The KKM dropped me down to 3" with 147s and 4" with 124s at 25. The factory barrel was "less terrible" with 124s and terrible with 147s.

My gosh, that was absolutely horrible! :surprise:

The picture above seem to indicate that it is like the original stock barrel, not like the new stock barrel.

What's the difference, then, between this and the stock ones?

What changes did you guys make? Any design changes?

My KKM with my load is sub-2" @ 25 with my shoddy bench rest skills.

Manny shot 1" at 20 yards offhand with it, though...

And what would you load be? I just bought a KKM to try to get below 6" at 25 yards and are getting 3"-4" with 147's and 4"-5" with 135 and 6"-8" with 124g's all at 130-135 PF.

Edited by Trident

I was ready to give up on my pro, until I bought a storm lake barrel. Cast my own bullets out of wheel weights with the Lee tl 125 gr round nose mold. Using 5.1 grains of SMP 226 for a 135 pf in my pistol. It is more accurate than I am now. Can keep 5 shots inside of the head on an IDPA target at 40 yards if I do my part. I don't size them, just molycoat and shoot. Bullets are dropping at .358 dia. My pistol did not like .355 dia at all. 147s tumbled on 20 Yard targets. Your results may vary!

Edited by bmiller

And what would you load be? I just bought a KKM to try to get below 6" at 25 yards and are getting 3"-4" with 147's and 4"-5" with 135 and 6"-8" with 124g's all at 130-135 PF.

See if you can get your hands on some Zero, 125 grain jhp, .356 diameter(.38 Super bullets), or, 124 grain, Hornady XTP, and see if they don't improve your accuracy. :cheers:

• 1 month later...

See if you can get your hands on some Zero, 125 grain jhp, .356 diameter(.38 Super bullets), or, 124 grain, Hornady XTP, and see if they don't improve your accuracy. :cheers:

My best groups with the KKM have been with the 9mm Hornady HAP. These are bascially an XTP with a few changes for competition. They are right about 2" @ 25 yards with factory sights.

• 3 weeks later...

I get occasional product update emails from Apex. The one that I received today said the following:

Apex/Bar-Sto M&P Barrels - Release Date: December 2012

The Apex/Bar-Sto M&P barrels are nearly ready to roll out the door. After more than a year in R&D, the barrels are on the way from Bar-Sto. The initial batches will be for the 4.25" and 5" 9mm M&P's, so those of you with a full size or Pro / L M&P will have yours first. Fitting services will be available from Apex or you can have them fitted by the gunsmith of your choice. The 4.25" Apex/Bar-Sto barrels will retail for $225.00 and the 5" barrels will retail for $235.00. The first batches of barrels will not be available as extended and threaded, but those features will be offered down the road.

Here is the link to the entire update post:

http://campaign.r20....ohrWKHgujkvlw==

Edited by UTraab