Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Shenaniguns

Bar-Sto Barrel from Apex Tactical preview pic

sdm74   

Does it meet the plus or minus .1 inch length of OEM barrel to meet USPSA production standards? It appears a little long in the pic.

Not that one

1911vm   

just got off the phone with bar-sto. they are taking names and numbers for when production starts . they are looking at 2 to 3 months .just f y I

1911vm   

To be honest I was so happy about a possibility I forgot to ask both of the questions. LOL. Putting in your name and number, is not a binding contact it is very informal list. So when one of you calls please do not forget to ask. I bet they may not have a good answer any way.

RH45   

Drop in, or fitting required?

I think a "gunsmith fit" bbl could make an M&P pretty accurate.

sperman   

Drop in, or fitting required?

I think a "gunsmith fit" bbl could make an M&P pretty accurate.

I don't see the point in another drop in barrel. Hopefully this one will require some fitting.

MGMorden   

Yep - I'm holding off the temptation to buy a Storm Lake and waiting on this. I plan on sending my gun to Apex Tactical to have them fit one when they come out. Sadly, my M&P is the only one of my guns really setup and appropriate for competition use. I really need to get a backup setup.

bmiller   

I am contemplating a new barrel for my 5" pro. I was curious if anyone has talked to apex about it. I hope they don't wait until the shot show to release it.

Pepper   

I am contemplating a new barrel for my 5" pro. I was curious if anyone has talked to apex about it. I hope they don't wait until the shot show to release it.

Randy stated on another forum that it would be introduced at SHOT. I guess we will be getting our Christmas presents a little late this year.

Pepper   

Bah-humbug!

You can say that again. My wife says that I can spend the funds that I have earmarked for the barrel on her Christmas gift.

Flork   

To answer the above questions.

The barrels will meet the USPSA rules for Production use unless they change that one too.

They will first be available as Match/Target barrels only, then shortly there after be available as a semi-drop in.

We don't know the retail price as of yet or have a firm delivery.

If you would like to see the first production prototype in the demo gun we're bringing with us to Shot Show, look for us to be loitering around the Smith LE booth at the show. You can't miss me, I'm 6'3" and wearing an Apex shirt.

Scott @Apex

Edited by Flork